Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
fuel consumption

fuel consumption
Is it normal that it uses a lot more fuel because it's new? it's doing 9liter per 100km (manual says it should do 6,2)
for comparisom, my old focus mk1 1.6 used just 7.8l/100km
Vauxhall MPG figures are a bit over quoted
they give three figures lets say for the 1.6vvt

EC combined MPG 44.8 possible on the motorway at a set speed
EC extra urban MPG 55.4, this is the one they like to quote the most when they sell you the car
EC urban MPG 34.0, and this in realty is what you get in every day driving.

the MPG will improve over time a bit
but you will get no were near the extra urban figures that they say you will get.
All manufactures over quote its due to the way they have to obtain the figures. There was reports of somebody taking Audi to court over it. But as said once you get some miles on the clock it should get better.
Mines 1.7cdti with town driving and I'm getting between 39-43mpg and on a full tank I do approx 450 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
2.0cdti GTC... I have got 715 miles from one tank mostly motorway driving.

Averages 45-50mpg normally.
Using Tapatalk
2.0 cdti average is 38-39 mgp about 80% of my driving is around town.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
I've got a 1.7cdti Sri , just got 450miles from a full tank @50mpg doing 12miles round trip to work & back, was expecting more to be honest, I got more miles out of my Vectra 1.9cdti Sri 57plate
Is noting that could be done under the (Sale of goods act) Goods not as described?
This is the view most seen by others
Aren't the figures they quote taken from a rolling road and not actually driving?

Using Tapatalk
unfortunately all manufacturers seem to be doing this
Yes they may well be, or even from an engine on a test rig. But when they sell you the car they are hoping that you will fall for the Mith that a given car will do near the mileage shown. When you go back and complain they tell you that it is the way you drive that is causing the low comsption.

Migwell030744 Wrote:Is noting that could be done under the (Sale of goods act) Goods not as described?

That's what the happened with the person suing Audi. That's why state they are carried out under test conditions.
i totally agree i was told the 1.4 would get 55mpg
when i was buying the car the sales man quoted this many times
but in the real world and i am lucky to get 35mpg and sometimes as low as 32mpg
sales men and manufacturers need to stop quoting the extra urban MPG as fact
Mine had a sticker On The windscreen quoting 60mpg and 50mpg and the tax. They got one thing right tax only £30 a year.

Using Tapatalk
they most likely do not have the wheels on the car when they work this out
the tax is good thou if they new the proper mpg it would go up the £280.
my 1.6vvti is remapped and round town gets 36 to 38mpg, on a run its doing around 44mpg
Mine is about 32 MPG. In town. Best I ever had was 43 on a run of 230 miles and it's a 1.4 turbo .

ok so i filled the fuel tank and calculated that i did 35 mpg (8.1 l/100km)
the computer of the car said i did 38 mpg (7.4l/100km)
Is this differance acceptable?
No, but that's the way it is. As good as useless I think.

Well interesting reading all the mpg's quoted, so won't even mention what my VXR get lol, but then we buy vxr's not for the mpg
I check my 2.0Tdi (2011) every week when I fill it up. I calculate the MPG myself using the amount I put in rather than the on-dash mpg computer. I average 41 - 42mpg, with an average speed around 38-40mph. It can be a bit higher in summer and a bit lower in winter, but it never drops below 40mpg and I get just over 500 miles on a full tank.

I don't drive slowly but I'm not a lunatic either!
I think im getting shafted the most...1.6 petrol...car states 26.7....i calculate from many many fill ups 28.6mpg....really really bad. what causes this???? i change at 2.5 revs and most at 3....something doesnt seem right. im going through a lot of fuel
When I was commuting in Doris 1.6 (but ignoring the shift light) I would get 300 miles to a tank and that included a weekly commute of 230 miles, better than my Leon (approx 180 miles to the tank) and not quite as good as the Sportage (400 to the tank).

So to be honest wasn't too unhappy, oh and Doris is dead standard.
(9:th-Apr-2014, 20:51:34)oweh Wrote: I've got a 1.7cdti Sri , just got 450miles from a full tank @50mpg doing 12miles round trip to work & back, was expecting more to be honest, I got more miles out of my Vectra 1.9cdti Sri 57plate

Agree with you there - I also had Vectra C with 1.9cdti and got 53 - 55 regularly.  Astra 1.9 cdti max is 53/54 and that's with out of town driving.
(2:nd-Apr-2014, 23:07:22)n1ibor Wrote: Is it normal that it uses a lot more fuel because it's new? it's doing 9liter per 100km (manual says it should do 6,2)
for comparisom, my old focus mk1 1.6 used just 7.8l/100km

my 1.7cdti 2011 average is 6.4 (60%highway/40%town)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra J 1.6 CDTi increased fuel consumption _Mita 2 5,484 1:st-Mar-2020, 22:27:38
Last Post: _Mita
  Fuel! Lewis6317 28 18,119 7:th-Feb-2015, 09:59:18
Last Post: tucpal