Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
funny on going

Funny Going On
Astra SE Tourer 2011

Just got back and opened door to get out.

1. The front courtesy lights did NOT go on (as normal)
2. Both rear courtesy lights DID GO ON
3 Checked and the front courtesy lights are still working by the rocker switches.
4. Locked the car and the rear courtesy LIGHT (nearside only bulb) REMAINS ON - the other goes OFF

I checked the settings in configuration and they are as set when I first got the car.

In the end I removed the LED's from the rear courtesy fitting as I do not want a flat battery in the morning

Any ideas?
Could be the car throwing a wobbly.

Have you tried the pull neg off battery for 30-60mins to let all systems fully shut down?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(14:th-Nov-2017, 08:54:35)Rusty2009 Wrote: Could be the car throwing a wobbly.

Have you tried the pull neg off battery for 30-60mins to let all systems fully shut down?

Hi Rusty, I was about to do that but had another idea and just sorted it - I put the LED's in a month ago and went easy and AOK (no problems)

Last night I took out the rear LED's completely as they would not go off (battery drain possibility).

So, this morning I decided to remove all the LED's, I found one of them was broken (physically) and the thin edge connector was in the socket but the rest hanging off.

I removed it completely and inserted a good one and now the door opening is back to normal.  I also replaced the rear courtesy LED's the way they were.

Must have got a dodgy one - luckily got some more coming tomorrow (spares).

I will keep your battery idea in mind for the future though, thanks