Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
lot j what after you the like next would car

What car would you lot like next after the j
What car would you lot like next after the astra j,

I'm gonna get a astra but if I could I'd get a fiesta st but they are not good on fuel plus insurance is sky high for me
A ford ST the easiest cars to steal are you mad???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Leon Cupra R, that said I would quite like a GTC VXR
I already have the next car after the J, a BMW 3.0 diesel 6 cylinder.

After driving my brother in laws 2.0 CDTI VX-Line facelift J a week or two back I can safely say it was a wise choice to move!

The Astra engine really does sound terrible, I know they're just a little 4 cylinder diesel but the difference between that and a 6 cylinder 3 litre BMW diesel is amazing, the sound is lovely & the drive is amazing.. revs like a petrol.

Also get better fuel consumption in my 3.0 6 cylinder than I did in my 1.7 Astra!
(22:nd-Jul-2016, 12:18:54)Rusty2009 Wrote: A ford ST the easiest cars to steal are you mad???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL,  it's way out of my price range anyway lol, astra cdti is is
Going to get a VXR in a few years

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(22:nd-Jul-2016, 13:12:37)sheppy1 Wrote: Going to get a VXR in a few years

Surely you want to try something different?

I've had well over 50 cars in the last 7/8 years and I still fancy something different.
Ermmm always think about it but I'm never happy no matter what I have... And always wanted a vxr so may aswell get one ha

Also how have you had so many cars?! I'd have traded mine in already but stuck with the finance deal not that I don't like the car... Just want a vxr

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I've already decided that I'm going to go for something german. BMW, Audi or Mercedes

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(22:nd-Jul-2016, 14:20:01)sheppy1 Wrote: Ermmm always think about it but I'm never happy no matter what I have... And always wanted a vxr so may aswell get one ha

Also how have you had so many cars?! I'd have traded mine in already but stuck with the finance deal not that I don't like the car... Just want a vxr

I never have finance, I used a bank loan to get one of my cars and have just straight swapped every time.

Started with getting a loan for a 61 plate Astra 1.7CDTI SE, straight swapped for a 59 plate BMW 320D SE, straight swapped for a 60 plate Astra SRI CDTI 1.7, straight swapped for my current BMW 325D 3.0 07 plate.

Value of my current BMW is approx £4500, the original Astra SE I got the loan out for would be worth around £3700 with my maths so I'm no worse off.

I absolutely love changing cars, I form no attachment at all to a car and I'm happy with that!

(22:nd-Jul-2016, 15:58:48)bhalay207 Wrote: I've already decided that I'm going to go for something german. BMW, Audi or Mercedes

Good choice sir.

I drive a Mercedes GLA 2.2 diesel 7 speed auto at work and it's rubbish in comparison to my old company car which was a 320D X Drive 8 speed auto.

Don't have much experience of Audis, they look fantastic but there are so many around now & usually driven by arsehole reps!

One thing I have learnt in the past year is that I want an auto next, never used to like them but new autos are really very nice.
BMW M135i or Mercedes A45

I'm bored of my GTC VXR already
320d swirl flap and turbo issues and timing chain snaps are far to common 330d seems better but dated new shape is plan dull but for me a Audi A5 ticks my box's but I am happy with the insignia for now
(22:nd-Jul-2016, 15:58:48)bhalay207 Wrote: I've already decided that I'm going to go for something german. BMW, Audi or Mercedes

Good choice sir.

I drive a Mercedes GLA 2.2 diesel 7 speed auto at work and it's rubbish in comparison to my old company car which was a 320D X Drive 8 speed auto.

Don't have much experience of Audis, they look fantastic but there are so many around now & usually driven by arsehole reps!

One thing I have learnt in the past year is that I want an auto next, never used to like them but new autos are really very nice.
[/quote]

Cheers lol. I'd love a 3 series. I'm a proper BMW man at heart but I think the A4 looks nicer inside what with the colour display etc and outside with the DRLs

(22:nd-Jul-2016, 12:23:13)GOKIWI Wrote: Leon Cupra R, that said I would quite like a GTC VXR

+1 for the Leon Cupra R
I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.
(22:nd-Jul-2016, 20:24:59)tucpal Wrote: 320d swirl flap and turbo issues and timing chain snaps are far to common 330d seems better but dated new shape is plan dull but for me a Audi A5 ticks my box's but I am happy with the insignia for now

Hmm 320d doesn't have swirl flap or turbo issues any more than any other diesel, there was issues with the chain stretching on early N47 engines but apart from that good as gold really.

My 325D doesn't have swirl flaps to worry about but is still a 200bhp 3 litre 6 pot so best of both worlds

I like the A5 but every other car is an Audi these days
i think for me Id like to try an Insignia VXR next
I'm fancying something high end as I've never owned anything like that so been eyeing up the Porsche Panamera or Macan...

but probably end up talking myself out of spending that type of money on a car lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Waiting to see what if there is an Astra K VXR. After driving the various pool car's we have in work I'm steering clear of the Merc's, Audi and BMW diesels. I've found them all to be very boring to drive and the quality of the interior to not be that great on the Audi's and newer Merc's. I just can't get past the center screen that looks like somebody has added it as an after thought.

I do keep toying with getting something completely stupid and unsuitable like a VXR8
This is a question I am not allowed to be asked as when someone asks me I normally go and buy a new car haha.

I was actually thinking a new GTC but the auto is only in the 1.4t engine which is very poor.

I have had a thing for the Toyota GT86 or even the Subaru BRZ.

I am stumped with having to get an auto as most cars I like are manuals only.

I mean an auto GTC VXR and I would be at the front of the queue.
I would like a either a 3dr 3 series M Sport, 3dr A3 S Line (new shape) Leon Cupra R, Golf R, Cee'd GT... basically I would like a hot hatch... but definately, preferably something good on fuel and well built.
A 3-door model would be cool.. but I do like a large boot. BMW 3-serie is nice or pherhaps V60. Astra K, if they maybe come with a sporter model on Sports Tourer. Insignia Estate is cool too.
My next car will have to be an old shape scooby like my old one:

I miss the solid gearbox and 4wd traction round corners, everything feels well made and not like it's going to break..

If that's not an option the smaller newer shape like 09 or 10 plate sti
I'm always on the lookout for my next car, but as I've only had the J a few days and not really driven it anywhere yet, I've not had too much time to start looking. I have got a thing obout Hondas, had a 8th gen Civic and an Accord EX 2.4 tourer which I would highly recommend.
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
I would love for the Tesla model 3 to come out in an estate/sports tourer model. It would make it top of my list.

||Sent based on the twin scientific principles of star maths and wishy thinking.||

GTC bi turbo for me next 
VXOC Staff member
Very satisfied with my 5-door 1.6 CDTI 100kW (doing almost highway).
Not really a fan of PSA diesel engines - most likely next will not be an Opel

I threw an eye on Alfa Giulia "cuore sportivo" 
Already own an Alfa can't help it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The wife wants a megane renaultsport, I wouldn't mind something like an Golf R but they hold their value too well so I can't see us affording one, even in a few years. Either way, it will probably be a 3dr sports hatch.