Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
germany hello from

Hello from Germany
Hello.
I am a new owner of a Astra J 5 door 100kw 136HP Energy package.
I am looking for a possibility to add fog lights.
may be I can find some "how to do" instructions.
Welcome.

Adding fog lights isn't too hard.

New switch, fog lights and fog-light loom.

Then a VCI code is needed so they can be activated.

There isn't a how-to yet, it depends what wiring you have ready some have a plug under the Left headlamp some don't.

If you have the plug you may have the wire from the fuse-board already into one side of that plug.

If you don't have the plug you won't have the fuse-board wire at all and this would just run from board to fog-light with splice to left-hand fog-light.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(2:nd-Nov-2017, 18:59:00)Rusty2009 Wrote: There isn't a how-to yet, it depends what wiring you have ready some have a plug under the Left headlamp some don't.
do you know how much the procedure differs from the insignia? https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Ins...ofit-guide
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
Adding fog lights to your Astra J 5 door is definitely possible. Here are some steps you can follow:
  1. Purchase the fog light kit for your Astra J 5 door. You can find these online or at a local auto parts store.
  2. Locate the fog light position on your car. The fog light position on most cars is near the lower part of the front bumper. Check your car's manual or consult with a mechanic to find the exact location.
  3. Remove the cover on the fog light position. This can usually be done by gently pulling on the cover.
  4. Install the fog light bracket using the screws provided in the kit. The bracket should fit snugly into the fog light position.
  5. Connect the wiring harness to the fog lights. This will vary depending on the fog light kit you purchased. Refer to the instructions provided with the kit for specific wiring instructions.
  6. Mount the fog lights onto the bracket and adjust them as needed.
  7. Test the fog lights to make sure they are working properly.
I am from one of the German states.
If you are not comfortable performing these steps yourself, it is recommended that you consult with a mechanic or auto electrician who has experience installing fog lights. They can help ensure the installation is done correctly and safely.
(21:st-Apr-2023, 10:49:28)jisan Wrote: Adding fog lights to your Astra J 5 door is definitely possible. Here are some steps you can follow:
  1. Purchase the fog light kit for your Astra J 5 door. You can find these online or at a local auto parts store.
  2. Locate the fog light position on your car. The fog light position on most cars is near the lower part of the front bumper. Check your car's manual or consult with a mechanic to find the exact location.
  3. Remove the cover on the fog light position. This can usually be done by gently pulling on the cover.
  4. Install the fog light bracket using the screws provided in the kit. The bracket should fit snugly into the fog light position.
  5. Connect the wiring harness to the fog lights. This will vary depending on the fog light kit you purchased. Refer to the instructions provided with the kit for specific wiring instructions.
  6. Mount the fog lights onto the bracket and adjust them as needed.
  7. Test the fog lights to make sure they are working properly.
I am from one of the German states.
If you are not comfortable performing these steps yourself, it is recommended that you consult with a mechanic or auto electrician who has experience installing fog lights. They can help ensure the installation is done correctly and safely.

You missed the steps of programming the IPC & IPC.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
airainchoc (23:rd-Jun-2023, 10:41:29)