Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
what dashcam?

What dashcam?
On my Vectra, my dashcam sat nicely behind the rear view mirror...

Can't do that on the j as the sensors take up a huge space...

So, who's using what dashcam and where have you located it?
I have a nextbase 512gw (two one at front and one at back) on the left of the rear view mirror. Nextbase are approved by police and insurers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have DDPAI M6 plus in my J
As this is pretty small dashcam I fit it prety easy and its not in line of sight.
Powered from cigar lighter, starts when engine is on and shuts down when key is pulled ozt and drivers door opened.

Sent from my LG G5 SE using Tapatalk
I have a mini 0806 and I can't fault it. sits nicely under the mirror cover day & night time video recording is really good quality.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I would highly suggest getting nothing but a nextbase as if something goes wrong the insurers can sonetimes get out of it if its not one of these

(29:th-Oct-2017, 23:52:29)Jon_es Wrote: I would highly suggest getting nothing but a nextbase as if something goes wrong the insurers can sonetimes get out of it if its not one of these

The nextbase is recommend by insurance company's & some offer a discount but it is not a requirement that you fit a nextbase camera.

I can't see any video footage showing who's at fault from any camera being rejected they can't say that's not a nextbase camera so we won't count it.

Just image the police saying that wasn't filmed on our CCTV so it can't be used, it would render home and shop owners equipment useless.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(30:th-Oct-2017, 08:31:10)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(29:th-Oct-2017, 23:52:29)Jon_es Wrote: I would highly suggest getting nothing but a nextbase as if something goes wrong the insurers can sonetimes get out of it if its not one of these

The nextbase is recommend by insurance company's & some offer a discount but it is not a requirement that you fit a nextbase camera.

I can't see any video footage showing who's at fault from any camera being rejected they can't say that's not a nextbase camera so we won't count it.

Just image the police saying that wasn't filmed on our CCTV so it can't be used, it would render home and shop owners equipment useless.

I mean that the nextbase just arnt questioned, other makes can be tampered with easier so if it shows any sign of this then they will throw it out. I would only recommend nextbase because of these reasons and also that they are great quality and reliable so i would trust it and with my recent crash i didnt need to pay excess due to the presence of the video

It records it to an SD card like any other camera and can easily be edited with video editing software.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I forgot to put a video of my dashcam.
Here it is, south entrance to my city.

https://youtu.be/iym4esK5vQg

Sent from my LG G5 SE using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Dashcam and easy to install caretaker 5 3,830 30:th-Jul-2018, 18:49:11
Last Post: Rusty2009