Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
blinking help eyes angel

Angel Eyes Blinking Help
Hey guys and gals

Having an issue here with some angel eyes that I've had fitted to my headlights alongside some HIDs. The issue is an odd one and has both me and @rusty2009 stumped!

Anyway, issue is that after turning the engine on, the passenger side angel eye will work fine for about 10 secs but then rhythmicly starts blinking as seen in the below video:

https://youtu.be/0Ta5a-bX3GE

The driver side works fine however. Kind of ruling our a faulty light and wiring due to just how rhythmic the blinking is... Sort of seems scheduled and patten like.

Anyway, driver aide works fine as you can see.

Anyone any clue as to what this could be?

Oh and to add to the weirdness, when the light blinks, it doesn't actually go off... It's still lit up, just not as bright.

Cheers

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Are the angel eyes wired seperate from the hids as I know if the ballasts for hid kits aren't fast start digital it can interfere with the canbus etc as I had an issue with one headlight only coming on even though the ballast was fine, I know they are both different but was just wondering if it had been taken off headlight feed as that could be the issue with it interfering or if you have took it off the drl I would be more inclined to point it to faulty led, have you tried disconnecting the feed to it from your car and giving it a direct 12v feed to the angel eye but fused to protect it?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
(26:th-Oct-2017, 20:39:43)Iaintruten Wrote: Are the angel eyes wired seperate from the hids as I know if the ballasts for hid kits aren't fast start digital it can interfere with the canbus etc as  I had an issue with one headlight only coming on even though the ballast was fine, I know they are both different but was just wondering if it had been taken off headlight feed as that could be the issue with it interfering or if you have took it off the drl I would be more inclined to point it to faulty led, have you tried disconnecting the feed to it from your car and giving it a direct 12v feed to the angel eye but fused to protect it?

Unsure about the first bit, I'm 90% sure they're wired separately though but will have to let @rusty2009 confirm this as he did the wiring.

And as for the testing via 12v, I've personally not tested this yet, Rusty did however before he sent them and they didn't exhibit the issue I'm facing now. I know they could have been damaged in transit and I'll need to test them myself to rule out them being at fault but I'm not able too at present, don't have the kit to do so.

Seems a bit odd though that they blink so rhythmically...almost as though it's a fast pulsing/strobe, I'd expect more erratic behaviour if the LED was damaged

No problem it is strange as you said it would be better to test away from the canbus when you can, Does any of the led/smds on the ring look faded or kinda burnt out don't get me wrong you would probably need to take it out to look at it closely.

Yeah it's gonna be a valid test ain't it, can work out if the issue lies with the car or headlights then eh.

Can't say I've looked but the ring appears complete with no blank spots caused by dead LEDs. Will have to take a look in the morning

Seems like some current issue or something... Just with it fluctuating between on and dim the way it does. I'll just have to keep investigating and do my best to try and get the light tested out of the car and keep reporting back here

Thanks for your help so far

No problem hope you get to the bottom of it, post back with an update and will try and help if I can. Could also be inline resistors if you have any.

Sure! I definitely will and I think rusty will be popping by to add to the information I've given also.

I don't have those, we decided my car didn't need them as if came from the factory with LED DRL lights and I've never had error when installing any other LED bulbs so ones less thing that could be causing the issue! Unless...it actually needs them haha

The Angle eye was wired into the DRL positive and negative.
The positive went via a switch (this as to allow Sheppy to turn them off if one failed or he didn't want them on).

All tested fine before packing and posting.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Aha! We think we know what it is! One of the leds in the ring is dead... Could be causing the issue.

Good to hear you may have got to the bottom of it had a funny feeling it would of been that since it had been wired correctly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Angel Eyes MOT and Legality sheppy1 8 5,700 1:st-Feb-2018, 01:51:13
Last Post: Imrana170
  Xenon Angel Eye Halo's Rusty2009 24 13,261 3:rd-Jan-2016, 12:55:47
Last Post: cornishtaz
  Angel eyes!! kevmarky 8 6,589 6:th-Mar-2014, 23:38:57
Last Post: kevmarky

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
cpeter53 (10:th-Oct-2023, 06:52:58)