This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

[-]
Tags
progress sparkyscfc74’s thread

Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread
I agree with the ^^^ It would bug me that the colours are too random
I'm not really OCD, but if something is supposed to straight then it needs to be straight (like a row of chairs at a wedding etc etc)
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
Changed my gearstick ambient light from red to blue and started on the window switches. Also changed the vinyl wrap on the switch covers from silver to carbon.
Before
[Image: 03ba24d456c8c52a5fcd90e1b0e6325c.png]
After
[Image: 35b6650b862f3a6a5f41903a752417fc.jpg]
[Image: f120f6eda2629d306b02db3ea0d6f111.jpg]
[Image: 9bf53b0297cca7ded57a133c76870ce8.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11:th-Aug-2018, 17:48:22)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(11:th-Aug-2018, 17:43:22)umognog Wrote: So here is a funny fact for you.

Many, many people go "oh, im OCD about that" but don't realise how badly OCD can affect someone's life.

It's not just "I like these things in that order" but whereby other parts of your life will be effected often to a significant degree.

For example, you are late for a funeral, because you noticed a towel had not been folded correctly and placed in the correct order on the towel shelf.

You can't just fix that one towel. All the towels must come off and be refolded, sorted and put back. But now that is done, you feel that your t-shirts in your t-shirt drawer are no longer crisply folded enough, so you empty that drawer, refold and sort all your shirts and put them back... Now you are doing all your drawers. 70 minutes later, you are back to where you were when you noticed the towel. Go back and check the towels have not been disturbed.

You probably get the picture. So I will get to the point.

I love the colours for the buttons.

But it is distracting me that the order of the colours for the blowers, is different from the order of the colours for the heated seats

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Have you seen someone about this problem? ?
If you think about it, they’re actually a mirror image

Sorry, only just noticed these replies!

Although they are a mirrored order, they aren't mirrored objects, which for me needs to put them in the same order as a result .

I'm able to manage pretty reasonable compared to some folk. There are certain habits and behaviours I **prefer** to still do, something's I would outright change, but they no longer control me to the degree they once did. For example, I failed to change the LED on my wing mirror controls, I was able to leave it a month before going back to fix it. I couldn't leave it like that, but I'm able to prioritize stuff much better.

Sometimes, it's also a good laugh.

(12:th-Aug-2018, 10:12:03)niteram Wrote: I agree with the ^^^ It would bug me that the colours are too random
I'm not really OCD, but if something is supposed to straight then it needs to be straight (like a row of chairs at a wedding etc etc)
ok, chairs at venues give me cold sweats.

Straight line is easy.

It's the curved ones, whereby the curve do not follow the same path both sides of an aisle etc, all the way down.

I don't mind the curve changing, but then the change must be equally applied, e.g. the curve must get tighter and tighter at the same rate for each concentric crescent/ring.

Looking good, although I'm not for the carbon.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(18:th-Aug-2018, 08:02:21)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looking good, although I'm not for the carbon.

I must admit I don’t like the matt carbon myself, I’ve ordered some in gloss carbon and some gloss black
I also ordered this to help with my soldering.
[Image: b0244a52019ae1c355a82bf9f359ae9d.png]
I can see the 0805 LED’s

On a separate note, does anyone know what led goes in the ECO button tell light?

I feel the helping hands were good for holding the PCB, but the magnifying glass just got in my way.

(18:th-Aug-2018, 08:40:02)umognog Wrote: I feel the helping hands were good for holding the PCB, but the magnifying glass just got in my way.

Snap I have bit of wood I use a table cover, but I've drilled and cut holes so panels can sit in nicely.

@sparkyscfc74 I use Plcc-2. negative the other side of the resistors.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(18:th-Aug-2018, 08:48:30)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(18:th-Aug-2018, 08:40:02)umognog Wrote: I feel the helping hands were good for holding the PCB, but the magnifying glass just got in my way.

Snap I have bit of wood I use a table cover, but I've drilled and cut holes so panels can sit in nicely.

@sparkyscfc74 I use Plcc-2. negative the other side of the resistors.

Cheers mate

Carried on with the LED changes today with the passenger side window switch and the courtesy light switches/ambient light to blue
[Image: 1b12c39f11342087f374d1bbd9951735.jpg]

Getting there mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(19:th-Aug-2018, 07:20:20)Rusty2009 Wrote: Getting there mate.

Cheers mate, just changed the motion sensor switch lights tonight, hopefully my new batch of blue PLCC-2 LED’s will come tomorrow and I’ll get my speedo done
[Image: 627d552199d2abd5318ebf03469b4154.jpg]
[Image: de85ba4902a2d61c1b0b421c5e897497.jpg]

Coming on nicely mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Loving the blue

Looking good matey!

Cheers guys I’ll keep putting pictures on as I go along

12 more done tonight in the clocks, I’ll do the display tomorrow
[Image: 27cdf564ad4b4e98a50adbedb7bacbac.jpg]
[Image: e92c0edb4a9ebe0e0bc6770a6d4e5172.jpg]

Coming on nicely mate.

The thing I would I say is the air-con tell-tell would be better green or blue.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(23:rd-Aug-2018, 08:29:45)Rusty2009 Wrote: Coming on nicely mate.

The thing I would I say is the air-con tell-tell would be better green or blue.

Yeah TBH I’m going to change all the tells on the heater control panel to blue and have a blue/red theme. I’m also changing the LED strips in the door panels to blue as the red have faded but I’ve had the same type so they’re plug and play to the connector I wired up first time

So, I’ve now finished the heater control panel LED’s and the display on the clocks, it looks brilliant at night, just can’t get a decent photo of it
[Image: 2d1c4a8357015d5f4b0db2e15525fcbb.jpg]
[Image: 3cc1f3359e04b95437df3ca19b612b0b.jpg]

Today I’ve changed the LED strips in my door cards and the LED’s in the mirror switch to blue
[Image: aeb840dde816eda96483be4707931fa0.jpg]
Night picture to follow........

Problem with most LED's is mobile phones never get a good pic of them I had to break out the big Nikon camera to get good pics of mine.

But it's looking good mate, still thrown by the Green lock button tho.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(25:th-Aug-2018, 13:54:16)Rusty2009 Wrote: Problem with most LED's is mobile phones never get a good pic of them I had to break out the big Nikon camera to get good pics of mine.

But it's looking good mate, still thrown by the Green lock button tho.

That’s next on the list for tomorrow also wanted to do the door handle ambient lights but the LED’s look like a PLCC-2 but has 3 contacts per side? Are they a different type?

yes they are you can plcc-2 just have to do playing
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(25:th-Aug-2018, 16:59:50)Rusty2009 Wrote: yes they are you can plcc-2 just have to do playing

Sorry mate didn’t understand was it a type error?

Just some extra pictures
[Image: 0a4d0bb6cb6349f6249d993dfbc5f24a.jpg]
[Image: a6638b9c3682dbc4f896bdf6205567f7.jpg]
[Image: 3470c747555b3cb93185bdf520f47d07.jpg]
[Image: 898c33af51b40c28df77115640910d97.jpg]
[Image: 9cf5873b6cd77dcb5e7de83342c979a7.jpg]

What did you use for the door LED strips? Where do they take power from?

Can't remember how sparky did it, but you usually have to make your own power feed through the door.

Actually is something I still have to finish doing.

(26:th-Aug-2018, 11:55:15)Conor97 Wrote: What did you use for the door LED strips? Where do they take power from?

Hi mate, I bought these in red a while back and wired them to the window switches as the ambient light feed didn’t seem to have enough voltage.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...2434008947
Re-ordered the same in blue so just plugged straight in to the previous connector

(26:th-Aug-2018, 12:03:37)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(26:th-Aug-2018, 11:55:15)Conor97 Wrote: What did you use for the door LED strips? Where do they take power from?

Hi mate, I bought these in red a while back and wired them to the window switches as the ambient light feed didn’t seem to have enough voltage.
Re-ordered the same in blue so just plugged straight in to the previous connector

Cheers Spark, this looks really nice so will have to do this myself I think!

(26:th-Aug-2018, 12:07:38)Conor97 Wrote:

Just follow the how to on removing the door cards
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...door-cards
Then I tapped into the light feed in the window switch so it dims along with the rest of the interior lights

(25:th-Aug-2018, 17:29:40)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(25:th-Aug-2018, 16:59:50)Rusty2009 Wrote: yes they are you can plcc-2 just have to do playing

Sorry mate was most likely rushing typing the reply.

Yes they are a different type but you can use PLCC-2 just need some tweaking.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(26:th-Aug-2018, 16:46:46)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(25:th-Aug-2018, 17:29:40)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:

Sorry mate was most likely rushing typing the reply.

Yes they are a different type but you can use PLCC-2 just need some tweaking.

Cheers buddy, haven’t had chance to do anything today, the rain hasn’t let up all day!!!!

Still got my half leather seats for sale on here and on eBay if anyone is interested?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...3392713615

(26:th-Aug-2018, 12:18:54)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:

Then I tapped into the light feed in the window switch so it dims along with the rest of the interior lights

Thanks mate, how did you tuck them in between the trim? Are they stuck down or? Then did you put a small hole to run the cable to the window switch?

Any more pictures haha?

Thanks.

They are wedge type so just pushed in.

As for power pick up off the door ambient lighting.

Strange you didn't have enough voltage tho @sparkyscfc74.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(27:th-Aug-2018, 08:24:31)Rusty2009 Wrote: They are wedge type so just pushed in.

As for power pick up off the door ambient lighting.

Strange you didn't have enough voltage tho @sparkyscfc74.

Yeah I did think that at the time, but they didn’t seem as bright connected to the ambient light feed as they did with the window switch.

(27:th-Aug-2018, 08:05:20)Conor97 Wrote:

Thanks mate, how did you tuck them in between the trim? Are they stuck down or? Then did you put a small hole to run the cable to the window switch?

Any more pictures haha?

Thanks.

I actually folded a bit of insulation tape over the lip of the led to make it a tighter fit in the gap. When the door card is off there is a small hole to allow you to feed the led strip from behind the door handle.[Image: 76fcb5656c2aa93fa41604efe4724f94.jpg]
[Image: 6ad0d61c44f39894f89cc304bfb8a562.jpg]

I've still gotta get round to doing my door ones, got white to match my theme. Although my dash one has died so got a new one to replace that.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(28:th-Aug-2018, 09:44:44)Rusty2009 Wrote: I've still gotta get round to doing my door ones, got white to match my theme. Although my dash one has died so got a new one to replace that.

I’m thinking of getting white just so the Purple isn’t too in your face, the door card will need to come off won’t it?

(27:th-Aug-2018, 10:40:31)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(27:th-Aug-2018, 08:05:20)Conor97 Wrote:
(26:th-Aug-2018, 12:03:37)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: Hi mate, I bought these in red a while back and wired them to the window switches as the ambient light feed didn’t seem to have enough voltage.

Any more pictures haha?

Thanks.

I actually folded a bit of insulation tape over the lip of the led to make it a tighter fit in the gap. When the door card is off there is a small hole to allow you to feed the led strip from behind the door handle.[Image: 76fcb5656c2aa93fa41604efe4724f94.jpg]
[Image: 6ad0d61c44f39894f89cc304bfb8a562.jpg]

Thanks mate does look really nice, am I right in saying for the door to come off I need to buy more of the plastic clips as they break?

Hi mate, I’ve got a trim removal tool, cost about £3 which helps stop breaking the clips. Yes it’s a lot easier to do with the door cards fully off just make sure the yellow clip on the door release cable is secure or you’ll build it all up then it comes loose and you end up stripping it down again
In my opinion the purple would look better, I was going to go with white and started with the gearstick ambient light but I didn’t like it.
[Image: 8566dfbb3aa5262998282999aae3f4b5.jpg]
[Image: 24c0f277137c6ad76624e0e6011ddac1.jpg]

(29:th-Aug-2018, 08:55:58)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: Hi mate, I’ve got a trim removal tool, cost about £3 which helps stop breaking the clips. Yes it’s a lot easier to do with the door cards fully off just make sure the yellow clip on the door release cable is secure or you’ll build it all up then it comes loose and you end up stripping it down again
In my opinion the purple would look better, I was going to go with white and started with the gearstick ambient light but I didn’t like it.
[Image: 8566dfbb3aa5262998282999aae3f4b5.jpg]
[Image: 24c0f277137c6ad76624e0e6011ddac1.jpg]

Sounds good mate! I know they seem to of deliberately been a pain in the ass haha! I was thinking white because all my dials and controls are purple but the knobs have white surround so it would match that! Cheers for the heads up this is certainly on the list.

[Image: 9a32022300cea29036687854b376be95.jpg]

[Image: cc0ebbf9abe4454e6c6da38be4e12e11.jpg]

Would help break the purple a bit Smile

Lol, it’s just my opinion mate, that’s the good thing about this forum we’re all different

Yeah door cards off is much easier.

I would say White too as otherwise your going too purple I think.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(29:th-Aug-2018, 10:04:35)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: Lol, it’s just my opinion mate, that’s the good thing about this forum we’re all different

Yeah man of course! That’s how everyone gets ideas if we were all the same no one would get influence lol

Painted the interior door handles today and changed the door ambient lights to blue
[Image: 5cf97a6cf1a966e8d0f7d3d36cfc9cb0.jpg]
[Image: 21b2f02412d3d922524907e4d41e5b82.jpg]

Looking good mate nice to see a night pic.

Did you try them brighter blue PLCC-2 I linked you too?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(1:st-Sep-2018, 15:17:53)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looking good mate nice to see a night pic.

Cheers mate, yeah I used them on my clocks and heater control.
Bit of a pain to get it to work though

(1:st-Sep-2018, 15:20:44)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(1:st-Sep-2018, 15:17:53)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looking good mate nice to see a night pic.

Cheers mate, yeah I used them on my clocks and heater control.
Bit of a pain to get it to work though

Cool what do you think of them?

why a pain?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Love them they’re really bright
Led was a pain because one pads lifted off the pcb so had to use a jumper wire off one of the resistors

Ah cool I was surprised by just how bright they are.

Ah I hate it when then happens, I found solder glue saves the need for jumper wires but you have to committed to the colour before applying it. Although having said that I've never tried taking a LED off after using solder glue so don't know how hard it would be.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Conductive-Wire...older+glue
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 39,155 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 175,769 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 91,134 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,463 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,223 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 41,451 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,571 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,517 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 12,836 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44