This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

[-]
Tags
progress sparkyscfc74’s thread

Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread
I guess you'll burn your clutch as well Iaintruten Tongue
yes it's already slipping now and again goes through phases so needs done but trying to find something better than standard with regards the clutch and flywheel plus trying to decide weather to fit a limited slip diff to keep the traction down but it's where to stop spending money as it is only a diesel and not a performance car but I like the idea of it been unique .

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
That’s what makes it good mate we’re all different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm really tempted to have on of these illuminated gear knobs from Germany, but at over £90 it's a bit pricey! You can configure the light colour, stitching colour and finish.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/gear-gaiter-s...Swt5hYdPHa
Dose look good but £90 is abit extreme and over priced

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yeah that’s my thoughts.

Just fitted my RaceChip XLR pedal box and all I can say is OMG!!! I didn’t think it would make a lot of difference but it does. As suspected I can’t put it on race or race + as it makes it spin to much albeit on a greasy road surface so at the moment I have it in sport + which along with the short shifter has completely changed the driving experience!!! I’ve definitely changed my mind about the engine chip which I’ll be ordering at the end of the month
I’ve put the controller here
[Image: 42270629e4439de12f7cbed7c6b251b9.jpg]
Don’t know if I’ll keep it there but it will do for now.

Looking good mate think I may be tempted to order one now and see how it goes . May be single by the end of the month but as long as the car is performing good that's fine .

I’d recommend it mate, if you go on eBay and search for Haz motorsport they’re £188.89 but he accepts £180. The RaceChip engine mod is £129 direct with free shipping

No problem will have a look mate cheers, time for me to get busy anyway as that's the replacements connectors came for the heated seats touch wood this will fix them or I'll need to order the pads lol.

I'm even more impressed with my pedal box now as this morning it was very icy in my street which is also an incline, so I put it in economy+ mode which really lowers the revs and I had no wheel spin whatsoever!!! So not just for driving like a nutter is has a practical purpose tooSmile
Would you say it's any better than the DTUK pedal box or haven't you tried that one?
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I’ve not tried that one so can’t really compare. What I can say is that there is a distinctive difference between the 7 settings on the RaceChip that will suit all driving styles/conditions. I’m definitely going to order the engine chip at the end of the month

My RaceChip S has now ordered so should be here by my birthday on Friday
It’s now a birthday present from my mum and sister! So the missus is going to get me an illuminated gear knob from Germany

Not bad you will definately notice the difference mate just be prepared to buy tyres and a new clutch lol, I'm just in the middle of stripping the auxilary belt off mine since it makes a noise in colder mornings on start up, thought it was the water pump but that's changed so will start it tomorrow with no auxiliary belt and hopefully no noise lol.

Yeah I’m still getting used to the instant power I get with the throttle box!!! I thought the illuminated gear knob was expensive but as I’m now having it as a present I don’t have to worry about that part
Wish I could do more mechanical stuff, I’d save a fortune on garage bills

Lol I just learnt it over time as I'm actually a spark Lol, cars is my hobbie and at times look for a reason to pull it to bits lol. My clutch slips now and again with the power going through mine as you will eventually probably find but then stops slipping for months then may come back and go away again lol.

Downloaded some more packs for my Torque Pro App
[Image: cfb8c102f24a8ad0fd7aec0763566a5e.jpg]

Like it witch odb device have you got

Just a cheap one off eBay think it was less than £4 I’ll try to find the link

This is the one
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Bluetooth-...2617059752

RaceChip coming tomorrow, hopefully I’ll have time to fit and test it I’ll post tomorrow with what I think of it

So my RaceChip arrived today and after an hour of trying to find the boost sensor because they’d sent me the wrong picture then a phone call to Germany for the fine tune settings I got it fitted I also found out that they’ve upgraded my chip to the 39hp RS chip because they hadn’t got the circuit board for the 32hp S chip!!!
Anyway I gave it test drive and on it’s highest setting it’s a massive difference along with the throttle box it’s absolutely mad!!! I don’t know if I’ll keep it on max but I will for now because it’s fun

Ordered my illuminated gear knob today, gone for red led and red stitching. Might take up to 2 weeks to arrive though.

Thought I’d give a little update on the RaceChip, after driving with it for about 100 miles I’m happy to report I’ve had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. It’s still on it’s highest setting and I’ve had no smoking and no warning lights I did have a caution on my Torque app saying that the fuel rail pressure and boost pressure had increased but that’s what the chip is supposed to do so at least I know it’s definitely working! It’s a really good driving experience with the throttle box and short shifter 50 to 80mph from 3rd gear upwards is phenomenal but you can tone it down when you need to. Both the chip and the throttle box claim to improve Mpg so next time I fill up I’m going to see what I’m getting then I’ll post my findings

Very nice sparky!
Much to my surprise my illuminated gear knob arrived from Germany this morning!!! They’d quoted a 2 week time frame but I only ordered it Friday. So it’s just taking me 20 minutes to wire it up and fit and I’m really pleased with the results. It is very good quality, feels nice and looks good. [Image: d738f2b462eeb0f607203254a551887a.jpg][Image: 73b131d7592c27f55075ca5a58129bfe.jpg][Image: a611557c7bfada0c6be5986bf9eb555a.jpg][Image: 7f53431b982493710270854307554ecd.jpg][Image: 56e12e5741be1d357cb5c23088908dd0.jpg]
I’ll post a night time picture later, but first impressions are it’s certainly bright enough

Nice look on the illumination, however am I mad that I prefer the original vx shape?

No mate, not at all. It feels a lot chunkier than the original which I quite like.

Yeah the original one definitely has a more streamlined look.
Build quality looks good!
I’ve got another little interior light job at the weekend but I’m not going to say what unit I’ve seen if it’s possible to do then if it looks good I have seen it done but there’s no tutorial for it so fingers crossed ??

That’s providing the parts arrive by Saturday

Damn, that's just teasing!

Installing a disco ball?

Close........but no hopefully it won’t be that cheesy!!!!

You are installing a raclette powered by an LED heatsink??

Now THAT would be a car id buy!

Night shot
[Image: 372cb77ae478d61bba82aa8e0b73bd02.jpg][Image: d2ff91b0951e5e0d8ed99462b8bafdaa.jpg]

Looking good

Bought a genuine ashtray/storage tub, I’ve put chewing gum in it [Image: 8bc056fdc07eda65c34b0aeb4ffe31bd.jpg]

Parts have arrived for my weekend job and had a quick try and it looks like it will work so I’ll post some pictures when it’s done

I got impatient as usual and didn’t want to wait until tomorrow so I’ve done my interior lights job yesterday and finished it today. I ordered some of these earlier in the week https://m.ebay.co.uk/orderDetails?itemId...1849340660 and have wired them in and inserted them into the door cards between the plastic and leather. I was going to wire them to the ambient lights in the doors but the power didn’t seem to be 12 volts for some reason and they didn’t look that bright so I’ve wired them to the window switches instead and they’re now brighter and they dim on the switch like the rest of the lights!!! Apologies for the quality of the pictures as my phone camera is not that good but I will post some more pictures with a decent camera later [Image: 1cddf684432c9b125e77e33974d1c038.jpg][Image: bf9e94d7b5c56fa9613397abaf14a913.jpg][Image: d18bc8e49fbf761bc74da93575cb0f76.jpg]
Looks really good at night but like I said my camera hasn’t picked up the colour very well.

Link didn't work properly
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1M-2M-3M-Flex...2749.l2649
Got a link for that gear knob?
Yeah a few posts back

Very nice result!
(5:th-Jan-2018, 16:24:43)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: I'm really tempted to have on of these illuminated gear knobs from Germany, but at over £90 it's a bit pricey! You can configure the light colour, stitching colour and finish.

Link for gear knob Steve

Looks very smart

Cheers mate only cost less than £8 and 30 minutes per door!

(26:th-Jan-2018, 15:05:14)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(5:th-Jan-2018, 16:24:43)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: I'm really tempted to have on of these illuminated gear knobs from Germany, but at over £90 it's a bit pricey! You can configure the light colour, stitching colour and finish.

Link for gear knob Steve

Cheers. Are they easy to wire in?
Yeah I wired mine straight to the 12 volt socket

Not too sure on the shape of the gear knob, but looks good.

I've got the lighting to put in my door cards too just not got round to it yet, I have done a strip across the dash.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I’ve got another strip coming for the dash

I like the el wire look, but I would like to have some kind of programmability to it: e.g. have it pulse/chase the light down the strip to mean different things.

It may be possible to use pwm to control brightness, do something like use it to indicate music volume in the dash strip Big grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 39,188 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 175,820 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 91,390 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,467 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,231 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 41,466 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,573 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,519 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 12,840 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44