Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hello my astra me and from

Hello from me and my Astra!
Hi all!

Promised to introduce myself and the car. Wanted to clean the car to get a few good pictures of it but looks like I don't clean the car very often
Didn't want to wait another few months so I decided I would just post a few pictures from when I bought it in march this year.

First off, I'm a Belgian fellow (from the Flemish part) and my name is Raf! Yes like the royal air force
In march this year I decided I wanted to trade my 12 year old Nissan Almera 1.5 CDTi (was still rolling great btw..) for an Astra J. I just loved the looks of that car. And I wanted one. A dark one and one with a lot of fancy options!

I think I was rather lucky when I stumbled upon this Astra J as it had a lot more options than 90% of all other 2nd hand Astra's on sale. And I got a decent deal on it. Fell in love with it.

Some specs:
1.7 CDTI - 110bhp  Sport edition (don't know if that's what it's officially called)
90.000 km when I bought it, currently at 101.000 km (63.000 miles)
Electronic Parking Brake with the beautifull clean center console
Automatic lights, automatic wipers
Automatic dual zone airco
Heated side mirrors
Automatic folding mirrors
Auto dim rearview mirror
Tinted back windows
Sport chairs which you can electronically adjust (no memory seats though) Not leather but fabric, very comfyyy. Can sit hours in it without a problem.
Heated steering wheel
Heated front seats
AFL xenon headlights and LED daytime running lights. With the spray thingy that pops out if you clean your windscreen and your lights are on.
Automatic high beam assist
Back lights are tinted
SPORT and TOUR mode
Some sort of "sport" trim pack that includes front and back bumper trim, sidetrim and extended spoiler thingy. Makes it look sporty
Electric windows front and back. Handy to lower windows with the key before you enter on a hot summers day.
Electronic tire pressure check thing.
Doesn't have a spare wheel but does have the airpump and repair kit.
Alarm
17" standard aluminum alloys
Lot's of chome trims inside and out.

I've not done a lot on it, nor will I have to retrofit it a lot beacause it already has a lot of options.
I have:
Changed the reverse light to a brighter LED. Standard sucked and there is only 1. Tinted windows don't help with visibility while backing up at night!
Fitted those ultra bright license plate LEDS, the help with the visibility as they light up the whole ground lol!
Retrofitted the DPF-waring LED following Rusty's how-to. I had a full DPF problem which luckly sorted itself out, but this is why I decided to join the forum!

Now, finally, a few pictures. All washed and waxed up after I bought it:

Here I just figured out that my Astra had a body kit, and the standard astra on the left did not. I didn't even know when I bought it 

Interior:
360 photo!
https://cloud.panono.com/p/2lwZmNtyf5ax
Welcome!
Welcome

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Welcome to vxoc
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Welcome mate
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Portugal Opel Astra Sport Tourer owner totesting 2 2,589 12:th-Sep-2021, 13:20:34
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Finally... Astra J GTC, 1.6 Turbo, SRi UseThe4s 1 2,607 12:th-Sep-2021, 13:18:40
  Astra J 2.0 cdti braking system T-dog 1 3,712 19:th-Jan-2020, 18:14:57
New Astra owner robbo 5 5,313 2:nd-Nov-2019, 10:52:32
  New Astra owner Nathan 5 5,352 2:nd-Nov-2019, 10:44:45
  just got an Astra SRI :) mephisto 4 5,233 26:th-Jul-2019, 08:06:04
Last Post: marktourino
  Aberdeen Astra!! Tidyjoffrey 1 2,513 12:th-Feb-2019, 08:05:35
  New Astra GTC 2.0 CDTI (white) Owner! Astro 3 5,774 19:th-May-2017, 13:37:37
Last Post: marcus01
  New Astra j Limited owner up in Telford Eddie0892 3 6,674 9:th-May-2017, 20:27:15
Last Post: Eddie0892
  New with a Astra J 5 Door SRI VX-Line Sweex 3 5,207 6:th-May-2017, 07:21:11