Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
diagnostic software

Diagnostic Software
Hey folks,

Happy New Year to you all.

Im hoping someone can help me. I have a laptop version of some Diagnostic Software, but this only takes me up to 2009, so it does the Vectra-C, Astra-J, Zafira, but now I could do with one for the Astra-J, so 2011 +.

Does anyone know where I can get some software from, or if someone is willing to share a copy for some beer tokens?

I have the one that everyone else does at present, the one with the sky blue background screen.

Many thanks,
G.
you need a MDI (multiple diagnostic interface) and Tech 3 software for the latest vauxhall models, not cheap !
You can use an op-com but it is very limited on J and as has been said many time before you really need the MDI with GDS2 and TISTOWEB which wouldn't be worth the normal person spending the £££££'s on.

I take no responsibility if you brick your car or cause any issues using this.

http://www.op-com.co.uk/store/p7/Latest_...stage.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
All you can really do with opcom is clear fault codes and add a few menus to the ipc that's about it
(3:rd-Jan-2017, 22:37:10)Rusty2009 Wrote: You can use an op-com but it is very limited on J and as has been said many time before you really need the MDI with GDS2 and TISTOWEB which wouldn't be worth the normal person spending the £££££'s on.

I take no responsibility if you brick your car or cause any issues using this.

http://www.op-com.co.uk/store/p7/Latest_...stage.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Rusty, these op-com units seem to be quite handy, especially if all you are looking for is a fault code to get straight to a problem if you are going to fix it yourself. If you can that is. However, i have noticed these units kicking about with various Firmwares on them, ranging from 1.45 to 1.7 etc. All claiming to be the best firmware out there. Is there any specific firmware that has the best features, i'm aware through PC tech and console mods (PS3/xbox 360 flashing etc) that sometimes the latest firmware is not always the best as some things, that were handy, get removed and not so handy things get added. The one that springs to mind was the PS3 update that stopped you playing backup films because it enable Cinavia detection on movie backups. Was considering getting one of these opcom scanners as i have a Service message like this

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vnWgnnaor0A/maxresdefault.jpg

appearing on my car and i only bought it a week ago. Dont want fobbed off by the dealer till their daft warranty runs out and i'm left with a repair bill. Would like to be able to go to them and say i've had it tested and this is whats wrong. Please fix it. Sorry for activating an old thread
1.70 is the latest 2014 (there has been mo update since this unless it's been played with by 3rd party).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.