Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
adding upgrades

adding upgrades
hi Friends,

i have had my car for almost 4 weeks now and loving it, in my previous thread in regards to the cd400 system i said my car was an astra J.... i am wrong, its a astra design 64 plate, (late2014) auto 1.6... 

i am going to wait for a little while longer before i upgrade my ICE system as the one i want is going to cost £600+ so i will save all my xmas and birthday money for that. i have managed to install my SUB thank to a link on here (rusty i think) thanks for that!....

ok so here goes, it looks like my car is just a standard car so not got many things with it, so here goes. apart from the no bluetooth that i dont have and usb, the first think i have noticed that there is no front fog lights i guess i will have to get a new switch for that and also install the holders for them, how easy/hard is this to do? another thing i have not go is auto lights, in my old car (not a vauxhall) i had auto lights and wipers the sensors was on the windscreen behind rearview mirror but by the looks of it i dont have tham, how will this be to install? ie will all the wireing be there ready to go if i got all the stuff to install, i guess i would have to get a new windscreen with the fitments to fit, there is just so many things i wanna add i would like good advice to do this and things i would need, all your advice friends would be greatly appreciated,

Kind Regards
Dom.....
(21:st-Jul-2017, 23:23:16)NEATH-LAD Wrote: hi Friends,

i have had my car for almost 4 weeks now and loving it, in my previous thread in regards to the cd400 system i said my car was an astra J.... i am wrong, its a astra design 64 plate, (late2014) auto 1.6... 

i am going to wait for a little while longer before i upgrade my ICE system as the one i want is going to cost £600+ so i will save all my xmas and birthday money for that. i have managed to install my SUB thank to a link on here (rusty i think) thanks for that!....

ok so here goes, it looks like my car is just a standard car so not got many things with it, so here goes. apart from the no bluetooth that i dont have and usb, the first think i have noticed that there is no front fog lights i guess i will have to get a new switch for that and also install the holders for them, how easy/hard is this to do? another thing i have not go is auto lights, in my old car (not a vauxhall) i had auto lights and wipers the sensors was on the windscreen behind rearview mirror but by the looks of it i dont have tham, how will this be to install? ie will all the wireing be there ready to go if i got all the stuff to install, i guess i would have to get a new windscreen with the fitments to fit, there is just so many things i wanna add i would like good advice to do this and things i would need, all your advice friends would be greatly appreciated,

Kind Regards
Dom.....

Tbh mate i dont know with the fog lights due to me already having them but there must be a how to by either rusty or tucpal who have devoted ALOT of time to making them, there are a couple by me but i found that nearly everything was done. I dont think you will need a new windscreen but will need the sensors to go behind mirror and if memory serves there is already the plugs there. Just have a look on the howto's and see what you fancy doing and if you dont know something then you can always ask us as there are alot of people here who know their astras and gtc's welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's still an Astra J mate "design" is just the trim level.

As to fog lights easy done new switch loom 2x H11 plugs, you'd need the fog lights and new surrounds.

These surrounds don't worry you can find them cheaper.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VAUXHA...Sww9xZJqOW

Fog lamp may find these cheaper.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra...SwMvtZR-U4

It will require a VCI to turn them on. There is no how-to yet for front fogs as I've not done one.

As to auto lights and wipers forget it mate most things aren't plug and play and it's not a case of simply using an op-com and ticking a few boxes anymore, now it's all done on-line and you have to apply for VCI codes and GM will not supply a VCI for that, they won't even supply codes for AFL retrofits anymore.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(22:nd-Jul-2017, 07:25:57)Rusty2009 Wrote: It's still an Astra J mate "design" is just the trim level.

As to fog lights easy done new switch loom 2x H11 plugs, you'd need the fog lights and new surrounds.

These surrounds don't worry you can find them cheaper.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VAUXHA...Sww9xZJqOW

Fog lamp may find these cheaper.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra...SwMvtZR-U4

It will require a VCI to turn them on. There is no how-to yet for front fogs as I've not done one.

As to auto lights and wipers forget it mate most things aren't plug and play and it's not a case of simply using an op-com and ticking a few boxes anymore, now it's all done on-line and you have to apply for VCI codes and GM will not supply a VCI for that, they won't even supply codes for AFL retrofits anymore.

Thats poo! I was looking to do an afl retrofit at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There is another way round it but I'm not saying anything publicly other than its not easy.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.