Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
beep reminder

Reminder beep
What component causes the annoying beep when opening door while key is still in ignition, the annoying beep when driving without seat belt etc.?
I think it must be either something in the driver side door because I recently removed that.
Or it could be the front speakers, because I lost the beep (good riddance.. kinda) after attaching an amplifier with hi-lo converter to the rear speakers. So the front signal is unused at the moment.
I'm sure they come through the driver dash tweeter.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Makes sense.
I also found this 'warning chime module' in EPC.

Any idea if the aftermarket units generate such a beep too?
Also I can confirm you're correct. After replacing the high/low converter with signal going to the front speakers, the chime is back.
Aftermarket double din units use an external speaker.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Mine bleeps when lights are left on but not for keys left in ignition what exactly can i do or is it a vauxhall issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
door has to be open for it to beep with key in.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I find it incredibly annoying. It even beeps when you unlock the door and plug in the key before closing the door.
If you ask me it should only do the beeping after a driving session. So open door when the key is still inserted when the motor has already ran.
(16:th-Jul-2017, 08:22:37)Rusty2009 Wrote: door has to be open for it to beep with key in.

Yeah thats what i mean, it doesnt beep when the door is open and key is in ignition but it beeps when the lights are one

Strange I find mine beeps if door open and just in as soon as I turn key to pos 1 it stops.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(17:th-Jul-2017, 07:08:00)Rusty2009 Wrote: Strange I find mine beeps if door open and just in as soon as I turn key to pos 1 it stops.

Aye i thought it was strange, ill have a chat with vauxhall to see if they know anything ohh and also i found a couple of loose wires not connected to anything when i had the glove box off what you reckon?

(17:th-Jul-2017, 08:45:25)Jon_es Wrote:
(17:th-Jul-2017, 07:08:00)Rusty2009 Wrote: Strange I find mine beeps if door open and just in as soon as I turn key to pos 1 it stops.

Aye i thought it was strange, ill have a chat with vauxhall to see if they know anything ohh and also i found a couple of loose wires not connected to anything when i had the glove box off what you reckon?

Got a pic? were they in a plug?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

That's what I'm used to from other cars.
Strange they couldn't get something as simple as this right.
My BCM had an update recently (for fogs activation) but I reckon an update on one of the other modules might help a little.
(17:th-Jul-2017, 08:52:13)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(17:th-Jul-2017, 08:45:25)Jon_es Wrote:

Got a pic? were they in a plug?

Nah on holiday but nope they were just behind the glove box and one was behind the centre console