Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
fake news? this is

Is this Fake News?
Read this tonight and must say it's the best excuse yet for speeding!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...20mph.html
Well that sounds a bit silly haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well you can get engine run on from a diesel and as it doesn't need a spark it could well be true.

The only thing you could try and do in that situation would be to put it in 6th gear and let clutch out quickly in the hope it would stall the engine.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(28:th-May-2017, 08:44:47)Rusty2009 Wrote: Well you can get engine run on from a diesel and as it doesn't need a spark it could well be true.

The only thing you could try and do in that situation would be to put it in 6th gear and let clutch out quickly in the hope it would stall the engine.

Maybe try turning engine off may work, go into lower gear to try limit it? Not much you can do if it is true

(28:th-May-2017, 11:34:42)Jon_es Wrote:
(28:th-May-2017, 08:44:47)Rusty2009 Wrote: Well you can get engine run on from a diesel and as it doesn't need a spark it could well be true.

Maybe try turning engine off may work, go into lower gear to try limit it? Not much you can do if it is true

Turning the engine off won't work on a diesel.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(29:th-May-2017, 07:03:01)Rusty2009 Wrote:

Thought it might of worked with regards to the injectors? Hmm fair enough

(29:th-May-2017, 11:53:14)Jon_es Wrote:
(29:th-May-2017, 07:03:01)Rusty2009 Wrote:

Thought it might of worked with regards to the injectors? Hmm fair enough

Then there's the issue with the steering lock. Gulp!

(29:th-May-2017, 23:00:45)Boroboy Wrote:
(27:th-May-2017, 22:43:15)srea064 Wrote: Read this tonight and must say it's the best excuse yet for speeding!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...20mph.html

If the guy had put his foot on the clutch and put it into neutral, would have done the trick. Easier said than done, in panic mode. I suppose.

Yepp when i came of my bike and couldnt move my legs i didnt think to use my phone that was in my pocket.

(29:th-May-2017, 11:53:14)Jon_es Wrote: thought it might of worked with regards to the injectors? Hmm fair enough

Switching off the injectors won't work as the engine draws fuel from another source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_engine_runaway

sorry but if it were me, id dip the clutch and let the engine blow... better than my family dying in a fiery vauxhall mess
I think he was told to drive at and above 2000rpm down the motorway to clear his dpf but they never said stay in 4th he then held his revs at or over 2000rpm but he went up to fifth or sixth gear that would then be about right at 120mph or well over 100mph basically he did not or does not understand how to drive in low revs and keep his speed low and he has no understanding of the speed limit and got nicked in the proses.