Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
map members

Members map
I've seen on a couple if sites where members can pin point the location on a map for all to see and work out what members are near them.

Is this something that we could do if it is popular enough

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Could help if the time comes that we start to arrange meets or if your buying some if somebody is local to it they might be willing to pick it up etc.
It's something have been putting together.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Members map has been added you might have to move your location though as it's based on your ip address and mine was in the middle of the sea near China.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Cool will check it out on my laptop when I get home

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Where is this?
Its on the selection bar on the home page
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Its at the top of every page on the selection bar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Don't seem to be on the map at all???
I was originally set as being in the Atlantic and had to manually move my marker to Swindon. I've noticed that a lot of members aren't on the map
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i was in Africa
rusty is the man who can sort this out
there are a lot of users missing from the map
Can we not see it in Tapatalk?
Using Tapatalk
Cameron UK Wrote:Don't seem to be on the map at all???

Ill look tomorrow mate.

J1ODYA Wrote:Can we not see it in Tapatalk?

No it's not available in tapatalk, that is out of my control.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I've looked into the setting and after playing about with them I can get some more members showing the problem is finding a happy medium that the sever is happy with.

I might just do a Google map and if people want to be added to it I'll add them.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Done a quick map still needs bit adding etc
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Looks good Rusty, will there be an option for members to move their pins to more accurate pinpoint their location
Yes mate I can make it a public map and allow people to edit it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Can you add me to Leeds plz rusty
cornishtaz Wrote:Looks good Rusty, will there be an option for members to move their pins to more accurate pinpoint their location

Baz I've updated the Navbar tab to link to the Google map also you should be able to move your marker and others should be able to add themselves, can you give it a go please?

Cameron UK Wrote:Can you add me to Leeds plz rusty

Added Mate just move the marker where you want it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Just added myself Rusty, many thanks for allowing us to do it!
put my self on the map
Working for me, able to move and edit label
grahamfromoldham Wrote:Just added myself Rusty, many thanks for allowing us to do it!

Your welcome, this forum is set-up for our members so if we can do what the members want we will.

Glad it's working chaps.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
J1ODYA
Click the link below in tapatalk and it open the map (pays to open it out of tapatalk on a web browser on the phone etc)
Map

cornishtaz
I've changed your marker back to yellow, I'm trying to keep the same colour markings as the forum to make it clear.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ok mate no probs
Hope I did that right... amend as necessary
Using Tapatalk
I've added myself. Hopefully I've set it to the right colour
I'm on the map!
nice
How do you add yourself to the map?
you need to be logged into google with a gmail account or similar

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
TrealdUnrem (7:th-Apr-2024, 03:31:24), Mike Miln (13:th-Apr-2024, 18:46:04)