Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
headlights projector aftermarket

Aftermarket Projector Headlights
Thought I'd start a thread to cover the new headlights I've got coming next week. Was hoping to use this thread to provide all information about them, pics, install tips and a review!

UPDATE: WILL POST A NEW LINK TO THE UNITS AS I'VE HAD TO RETURN THE ONES I BOUGHT DUE TO THEM NOT BEING COMPATIBLE WITH AUTO LEVELLING MOTORS

Anyway! Here's some pics of them from the seller:

You may be wondering how the inner bulb can be both white and orange...well! Basically these headlights come with both the wiring to make the inner bulb an always on side light (Use whatever bulb you like here) or an indicator! Unsure if the other wire dangles loose or tucks away when you're using the wiring for the other type of bulb but I'll let you know when I get them.

Now these DO NOT come with a motor in them for the auto levelling. Auto levelling is the little toggle on your headlight switch that lets you move the beam of light up and down. You can however (according to the listing) swap over your current motor which @rusty2009 tells me SHOULD be pretty easy. I'll be trying this when mine come next week.

On the factory headlight side they appear to just pull out...I'm not sure exactly how yet. The aftermarket headlights are apparently designed so the back comes off so you can easily swap the motors.

Not much more to say yet, but if you have any questions. Please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them or find out for you.

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Very interested in how you get on as these are in my watch list for my son-in-law Tourer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sheppy are you thinking of putting hids in them? I read somewhere that they don't really recommend that you do that.

2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

Aha! Funny you should mention that Marcus. No, they said not to add them as they would produce too much heat. They also provided the below info on how to swap the bulb config over along with some advice on the manual calibrating of the lights (if you don't swap the motor over) also advice on HIDs

Below are the pics she's referring too:

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

(24:th-Feb-2017, 16:47:41)cornishtaz Wrote: Very interested in how you get on as these are in my watch list for my son-in-law Tourer

I'll keep the thread up to date! Let me know if there's anything you specifically need to know

That's a big shame about not fitting HIDS wonder if you can fit leds

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(24:th-Feb-2017, 18:06:30)cornishtaz Wrote: That's a big shame about not fitting HIDS wonder if you can fit leds

I'd say so yeah, it's only due to heat. Leds don't kick out much heat do they.

(24:th-Feb-2017, 18:10:26)sheppy1 Wrote:
(24:th-Feb-2017, 18:06:30)cornishtaz Wrote: That's a big shame about not fitting HIDS wonder if you can fit leds

I'd say so yeah, it's only due to heat. Leds don't kick out much heat do they.

You would be surprised how hot Led's get.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Rusty2009

You are quite right, I felt them on my fingers the other day, pffff....indeed HOT
Opel Astra J GTC 1.4 Turbo Build: July 2013
Black
(25:th-Feb-2017, 09:48:05)EagleForce Wrote: Rusty2009

You are quite right, I felt them on my fingers the other day, pffff....indeed HOT
Halogens aren't cool though are they! Burned my fingers on those before now,

Anyone know if this is the headlight levelling motor?

If so, how does it come out?

Have a look here

http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...placement/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(25:th-Feb-2017, 19:17:25)cornishtaz Wrote: Have a look here

http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...placement/

Thanks mate!!

"Cut the housing along the marked grove (1), using a carpenters knife."

and

"Unsnap the joint by turning the screwdriver."

Make me worry that these aren't as removable as i'd like them to be hahaha

In fact, doesn't seem too hard. Just if I ever needed to put them back in the old lights again then I'd need to buy the sealant panel kit. But oh well, for now I just need to worry about whether the motors from the current lights will actually fit in my new ones!

Interesting. The inside cluster design looks more 3 door J than 5 door J, its nice. With this design, the headlights are now 1 catering for both low and high beam? What bulb type does it use then - dual filament type? of 1 filament with a beam cover than opens up to high beam?
(27:th-Feb-2017, 02:00:24)sanj424 Wrote: Interesting. The inside cluster design looks more 3 door J than 5 door J, its nice. With this design, the headlights are now 1 catering for both low and high beam? What bulb type does it use then - dual filament type? of 1 filament with a beam cover than opens up to high beam?
Odd isn't it! No idea what type of bulb it uses, it's just a H9 I believe.

They arrived today guys! First thing... Wow! These people doesn't mess around! They got them shipped out within an hour of me paying for them! And that included the time it took for them to test them and put the correct bulbs in for me!

The packaging is top notch! Huge box, well padded, no worries there about anything being damaged in transit!

They even gave me a free to shirt! Nice touch hehe

Here's a diagram from the seller showing the rear of the unit and what each thing is and does:

Look really good I'll be passing on information to my son-in-law

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(27:th-Feb-2017, 22:23:51)cornishtaz Wrote: Look really good I'll be passing on information to my son-in-law

Hey!

Make sure he gets these ones:

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381966873874

The ones I originally linked too ended up not being able to have levelling motors fitted to them! Even the seller wasn't aware until I asked them how they were fitted and then they came back and said they can't be. So having to return them.

The ones I've just linked too however come with the motor built in. I even rang the seller to check this. While I was on the phone I asked them if 35w HIDS would be suitable for the lights too, they said yep! And that many other buyers install them on their headlights

Excellent nice one. I've used that seller a few times and is only on the other side of town to me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Any update on the lights?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(5:th-Mar-2017, 10:30:19)cornishtaz Wrote: Any update on the lights?

Hey! Have had to sack the idea off for now due to needing to pay off some debt before we move into your first house!

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Do you have a video of these? I want to see how the indicators look.
Nope! I had to return those ones as they didn't come with the levelling motor... Now the company no longer sells them

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Astra J LED DRL Headlights Question Baz22 2 5,728 19:th-Oct-2020, 14:27:04
Last Post: Baz22
  Led headlights Sh4rk2007 4 5,029 12:th-Oct-2017, 11:19:53
Last Post: umognog
  problem Headlights Astra J bosto 2 4,942 1:st-Mar-2017, 11:59:30
Last Post: bosto
  Do the GTC Headlights bolt into the 5 Door? D92 4 4,894 2:nd-Apr-2016, 09:44:02
Last Post: Rusty2009