Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hello stoke from

Hello from Stoke
Hi all,

I put a deposit down on a 2013 1.4 petrol GTC over the weekend, hopefully picking it up this Friday! I'm going from a 3.5L Nissan 350z so it's quite a change, it's also yellow whereas my previous two cars have been more subtle shades of silver . I assume there's a more interesting name for the particular (pale) shade of yellow so if anyone's able to satisfy my curiosity it'd be much appreciated .

Went to see it/test drive and purchased on the same day. I'm not the impulsive sort normally but it ticked all the right boxes so I know I'll be happy with it, pictures to follow on pick-up day.

Thanks,
Tom
Welcome to VXOC
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Picked up the GTC yesterday evening and loving it! Side on picture attached however the yellow seems brighter on the picture than in reality - it's called "flaming yellow" according to the Vauxhall website, somethin my housemate will no doubt find hilarious .

There's a few niggles I noticed whilst having a play around which I didn't check in the showroom:

1 - the USB and 3.5mm audio jack ports don't seem to work with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7); the USB port gives a message along the lines of no valid file types being present, and the 3.5 jack didn't seem to do anything (Apple products work perfectly but I don't own any). Can anyone suggest if this is a simple (but arduous) case of converting all my music files to a different type (e.g. mp3 to mp4 etc.) or are there better options?

2 - I assumed that the electric wing mirrors also folded electronically but I'm led to believe that this may have been an option which wasn't selected by the first owner. Is there a way to retrofit this, and if so, a rough estimate of the cost?

3 - My 350z had rear parking sensors which were a godsend due to poor rear visibility, however I've unfortunately become used to listening for beeps when reversing! I've not reversed my GTC into any obstacles yet but I can imagine it happening at some point if I have a lapse in focus! Similar to above, does anyone know if I can have sensors retrofitted, and a estimate of the cost?

Cheers
Tom

Ps. @forum mods - I realise that this post has turned into more of a technical/modification query post than introductory! I'm not familiar with the forum yet so feel free to move it to a more appropriate section if necessary.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Very nice looks a clean tidy car.

In regards to the USB and phone I'm an apple person so can't help with your converting issue, but I would suggest just using a USB stick for your music, what radio is in it?
Here's a link to a thread of phones and compatibility https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Vau...ile-phones

Power-fold mirrors how-to is here https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-POW...-retro-fit cost wise depends on the mirrors TBH GTC powerfold are very rare.

Parking sensors can be retrofitted both front and rear or just rear (as it would of come out the factory), This does require programming and your closet chap would be Liverpool. Again cost's very depending on how much you can get the parts for.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi and welcome to Vxoc mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi from Stoke Astrajosh 6 4,074 12:th-Aug-2019, 23:16:16
Last Post: Schiffers