Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
me? why nobody did tell

Why did nobody tell me?
I found a new feature last night and can't believe i'd not found it or even heard of it on the GTC

Auto main beam

its so good and works really well as long as you don't expect it to dip when you come up behind something!

If im not the only one who didn't know, push the stalk back to set full beam on, then immediately push it again and it'll show in the main display as on. It even remembers it was on after you've driven during the day and the auto lights turn on next night (found on my way to domino's tonight!!)
Yeah, I only found this out a few months ago on the Mrs' Mokka! It only works on cars with auto lights.
Astra Gtc 2.0 cdti s/s 165bhp in Power Red
Mods: K&N air filter, Pedal Box, VXR LED rear clusters, alloy pedals & LED interior bulbs
Is it really any good though? By that I've noticed loads of cars on the opposite carriage way of motorways and bypasses just lately never dip their headlights unless you flash at them to activate the sensor on their cars. Unless it's just lazy drivers who can't be bothered dipping their headlights.
I've found mines worked perfect for years, rare occasions it doesn't switch off but not often.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
I've tried this on my J but it doesn't appear to have it. Are your cars fitteds with AFL's?
(16:th-Apr-2017, 23:43:38)jw021979 Wrote: I've tried this on my J but it doesn't appear to have it. Are your cars fitteds with AFL's?

I believe the auto high beam system is only fitted to cars with AFLs.
(20:th-Apr-2017, 11:11:20)Big Dave2 Wrote:
(16:th-Apr-2017, 23:43:38)jw021979 Wrote: I've tried this on my J but it doesn't appear to have it. Are your cars fitteds with AFL's?

No it's not.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(22:nd-Apr-2017, 08:19:45)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(20:th-Apr-2017, 11:11:20)Big Dave2 Wrote:

No it's not.

So, it's fitted to halogen headlights too on some models then?
Yes it is, you can tell by the mirror.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I had it in my 63 plate GTC SRi VX Line 1.6T and also have it in my 2015 VXR. Both cars had/have halogen 9012 bulbs fitted.

I never use it as I think it's an over engineered idea and rubbish, imo.
(24:th-Apr-2017, 15:44:16)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yes it is, you can tell by the mirror.
How do you tell? What do I look for? I have the sight and light pack so have the huge lump on the windscreen and auto dimming rear view mirror
i would suggest the easiest way would be to push your main beam stalk back twice and se if it turns on 
I know that, I even said mine doesn't have it up the page. I was trying to clarify what the differences in mirror were. Maybe I wasn't clear.
I have found out thought through the brochures that GTC's with Sight and Light pack got it but the 5 door Astra's didn't unless they have AFL's. Thats on 2013 models like mine anyway.