Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
new needs ice car

New car - needs new ICE
Hi everyone - my 1st post here as I'm shortly coming back to the exciting world of vauxhall ownership after flirting with VW for a couple of years (Golf mk6 TDI).

I am buying a 15-plate 2.0 CDTI Elite which has a CD400plus with DAB and Bluetooth.  I'm slightly (but only slightly knowing Vx) surprised it doesn't even come with a USB connection but I understand this can potentially be retrofitted.

The other thing I'm hoping to do is get rid of the 90s style orange GID that Vx still insists on fitting to their cars and replace it with a CID based system.

Ideally I'd like to get a NAVI 950 or 650 as I believe these can support A2DP depending on the model year - which is the other thing these cars should really support - but again there's a big question mark over whether it can or can't be retrofitted (I've trawled through various vx forums and see conflicting reports on how possible it is to get the VCI codes).

So 1st things 1st if anyone can help with programming the USB that would be a great start (I see the part numbers from the how-to thread on here) and if anyone can help regards the NAVI that would also be helpful!
Welcome to VXOC good choice.

USB can be retrofitted (but if you wanted Navi I would hold on till then)

As for the screen again this would be solved by the Navi.

Navi's can be retrofitted yours being a 15 plate it would be a navi 650 or 950. Where the problems come from is people fitting a navi that wasn't in the build spec for there year of car.

I'm based in Bournemouth so I'd be your closest and I can do programming and retrofits.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(28:th-Mar-2017, 07:09:10)Rusty2009 Wrote: Welcome to VXOC good choice.

USB can be retrofitted (but if you wanted Navi I would hold on till then)

As for the screen again this would be solved by the Navi.

Navi's can be retrofitted yours being a 15 plate it would be a navi 650 or 950. Where the problems come from is people fitting a navi that wasn't in the build spec for there year of car.

I'm based in Bournemouth so I'd be your closest and I can do programming and retrofits.

Hi Rusty, thanks for the reply!  Just the news I was hoping to hear!  If you were to do the Navi, would I need to source the equipment myself, and if so can you point me in the right direction for that?

My preference was to keep things as OEM looking as possible and judging by reviews of the alternatives out there - including your car vision experience on ***** - I'm not too keen on all the compromises you have to make with the other systems.  Particularly as the car already has b/t and DAB.
It's better if you can source the parts yourself but I can source them if needed, I can point you to the right parts.

Yes if you car already has them them it's the best bet to keep factory fitted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cheers, just PM'd you
Hi and welcome to Vxoc No Name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Tonto - looking forward to getting the car.  Looking around here has given me a lot of inspiration for other things I'd eventually like to get done too!