Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
gtc vxr brembo discs and pads on

Vxr brembo discs and pads on gtc
Hi,
Wondering if any one has done this?
Fitting the front (and/or the rear) brembo discs/pads n calipers from the vxr on to the gtc?

I was wondering if it's been done & would you need to fit larger alloys afterwards?

Just a thought!
Astra Gtc 2.0 cdti s/s 165bhp in Power Red
Mods: K&N air filter, Pedal Box, VXR LED rear clusters, alloy pedals & LED interior bulbs
They've been fitted to a 5-door 2.0CDTI iirc there was some modifying needed.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
That would be me it depends on what your astra is as to the pdc of the disc i fitted insignia vxr ones and it was a lot of work to get them to fit but astra ones are the same as the 2.0 cdti as its the same pdc
also take itacout the price of discs vauxhall want £700
I know of a 1.4T GTC owner who has fitted the vxr brake setup, as for alloys I think 18s are the smallest you'll get away with.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks for the info guys. Not sure if its worth it + I only have the standard 18" SRI alloys.
Astra Gtc 2.0 cdti s/s 165bhp in Power Red
Mods: K&N air filter, Pedal Box, VXR LED rear clusters, alloy pedals & LED interior bulbs
You can order the replacement brake discs direct from mtec for the vxr 355mm rotor they come without the central bell though but you just swap them over.
Bump on an old post.

Has anyone on here actually ever installed VXR Brembos to a normal GTC? I know it has been done as I've seen GTC's online with Brembos but I'm curious if its a direct swap (assume it would be?). I know you'd need the VXR dust sheilds (if keeping dust shields) but are calipers the same bolt spacing and also do you just need VXR brake hoses (do VXR hoses fit to GTC brake pipe).

Any help would be appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VXR Brembo Brakes Bear 3 2,255 29:th-Oct-2020, 14:58:30
Last Post: M222RJF

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
LindsayMerrick (18:th-Feb-2024, 07:34:37)