Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
mats car

Car Mats
has anyone bought any aftermarket mats for their GTC? 

eBay cheap ones look cheap & nasty but don't really want to spend £100 if i can help it. 

Im currently using a set i kept from my old Seat Leon Cupra which cost me £185 and 12 years later they're still going strong but don't fit very well
I'm still no the factory ones but need to get a new good set myself
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
i'll keep you posted then as I'm getting desperate!
i bought some today from Halfrauds. I went with these

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-acc...-2010-2015

they fit really well, clip securely on the floor pegs and are good and thick. What i was seeing on the web was thinner for about the same price and its always nice to be able to feel them before you buy (wish it was like that with women!!!)

I was a bit lucky as they don't carry a great selection of these in stock and show on the web as a web only buy, but someone had ordered some and not collected them.

They also have a "Mats for Life" lifetime quality guarantee and can be returned/swapped if you are not happy. (Similar to their professional tools)

Definitely worth the cost and if you want to wait, they do a coloured edging variety with a panel you can personalise stitching onto.
I bought these 2 weeks ago. They are great and much better than the carpet ones i had before. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160974437191

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

(11:th-Mar-2017, 22:03:14)marcus01 Wrote: I bought these 2 weeks ago. They are great and much better than the carpet ones i had before. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160974437191

I can't stand rubber mats. I think it's the squeaking noise they make when you have wet feet. That and the water just pools up on them. On the flip side they're easy to clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to replace the carpet ones because I had worn through them but worse than that I had white mold growing between the mat and the shiny pad on the floor of the footwell. I can only assume that water from my shoes had seeped through the mat and not dried properly underneath.

Back to rubber mats for me.

2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car Mats Nemo 9 5,633 10:th-Jan-2016, 18:35:36
Last Post: Nemo