Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hello all

Hello all
Hi all...

Just a quick introduction from your new member.

My forum username is Ripple but my real name is Giles (you can understand why i don't use my real name) and I've just parted with a lump of cash for my first "owned by me" car in about 15 years. Got rid of my company van when i changed jobs and went on the trawl for something that i liked the look of and that was reasonably economical as i do a 50 mile round trip commute to and from work each day.

I saw this red GTC in a local garage and with a 0% finance deal, it was everything i wanted. but unfortunately after a couple of weeks, the dealer/vauxhall quoted mpg seemed so wildly inaccurate that they offered to change it for something else. Other than the crappy milage it gave, I loved everything else about it so i had them source me another GTC but the 2.0 CDTi instead (came and had a look at this forum before i bought but didn't register) I Got the 1/2 pleather interior in both but with the new one i lost the bluetooth and gained front and rear parking sensors (rather the bluetooth tbh)

The wife has had 3 siggys now and as a company hack, they've been faultless other than she manages to hit every stationary object in the south west of the country!

My other toys are my Mini Cooper. Ive had half dozen minis in my driving past and there is nothing that comes close to the driving experience and sound and smell of an old car (call me nostalgic but theres something about old car smell!) 
My other guilty pleasure is my bike (ex-bike now for the time being :-( ) as the feeling of riding is something else... they say "only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window" and i can't wait to get the GTC paid for so i can pick up another but its more important to get to work than have another sunday toy

So thats me, hope to get to know you all a little better over the coming months 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello and Welcome, interesting collection you have there....Mini definately very cool.
Welcome, nice vehicles you have there and yes unfortunately if MPG is your focus then none of the GTC range should be looked at lol take that from a 2.0cdti owner with 127,000 miles on the clock!

Great looking and driving cars though...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Welcome to VXOC.

Best car there has to be the mini.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Welcome to Vxoc mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk