Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
ac

AC
Well yesterday got bit hot in the car and I was forced to use the AC but when I turned it on I had a very strange and unpleasant smell.
Im thinking that could be the pollen filter but when I don't use AC and the fans are on cool I don't get a smell :(

Am I wrong and could be the pollen filter?
Mine does the same, from what I've been able to find out it's bacteria in/on the condenser you need something like Halfords Comma Aircon Cleaner Customer Ratings & Reviews - Top & Best Rated Products to get rid of it. Weird thing is my Elite with climate control never suffered with it.
Thanks mate i will get some later and give it a try :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you should turn the Aircon on for at lest 10 minutes ones a month to keep the air con nice and clean
and change the pollen filter every year as there under a tenner
a few ways to keeps bad smells at bay.
Yeh, i will pick up a pollen filter aswell nice and easy to change :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vauxhall change it every 3 years i think and that is just to long
For once they must be trying to save us money, eh!
This is the view most seen by others
I have used Dettol Disinfectant Spray. Turn A/C on to recirculation, high fan speed, and spray up each footwell.