Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
s ecoflex ben 0cdti 2 se

Ben's 2.0CDTi Ecoflex Se
Evening All,

It's been a couple weeks since I got my Astra and it's time to start a (rather plain probably) progress thread. 

So, I chose the Astra as my previous car (Alfa 159) was rather pricey to run and with even more miles on my commute I thought it was best to downsize to something that just works really. 

It hasn't been the best of starts as I picked it up on Friday 13th (tempting fate here? haha) and by the Monday was in the garage for a leaky boot, rumbling suspension and the door catch was knackered. Once back it was straight into commuting and all was well apart from the leaky boot still not sorted. Today it was back in and they have resealed all the grommets and re sealed the boot floor, so hopefully it's all sorted now. 

Apart from that I'm rather enjoying the car, decent MPG and it feels fairly quick. 

I gather it is a fairly standard Se, half leather, 17 Alloys, Cruise Control, Auto wipers/lights and flex floor. Has an detachable tower fitted but not been given the swan neck for it.

Today was the first chance I had to give it a wash, polish and wax. It has come up nice except the chrome round the window is rather tarnished and I can't seem to sort it.

Anyway, time for a couple pictures to liven up story time.

Got my LED number plate bulbs fitted

Also put some white DRL bulbs but not got any pictures.

Future plans are;

VXR Pedals
New android headunit for bluetooth etc
Possibly 18" alloys

Thanks for reading,

Ben.
Very nice.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Looks really good
Very nice mate, look forward to seeing how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of small updates,

Got some VXR pedals of AliExpress for £5, suitable for LHD but I've managed to get them secured onto the RHD set up. Brake and clutch fit fine but the accelerator pedal is wrong shape, managed to line it up then you crush some tabs behind the pedal to secure it. 

Got some cheap mats as well as the Astra one's were dead.

Changed interior courtesy lighting to some LED, only bought cheap ones to see how I liked it so will get some better quality ones soon.

Next up is to replace the engine cover I've broke and to change the air filter, I had a look in the airbox and it was filthy so cleaned it out but need to replace the filter.

Over the 4000miles I've done averaging 53mpg on the computer which isn't too bad thankfully.
Now I'm a few months into ownership I've decided what I like and dislike with my J.

Good news is its mostly positive with the wheels and lack of bluetooth being my main dislikes. I think a android headunit will be on the cards at somepoint and a set of the 18" SRi alloys.

Meanwhile I've racked up 10K in the 3 months I've had the car and am averaging low to mid 50's for the MPG.

Changed a few more little things

Parking Sensors Installed,

Been trying to get the part number for the detachable swan neck for the Tow Bar.

Using the trusty bike rack for just now. (It is nice having some practicality)

Plastidipped the lower chrome on the grill and bought some pressed plates.

Had chance to give her a machine polish and touch up spme of the chips (lots more to go), will get some nice shots of the car tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks for reading.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 38,705 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  My Astra j sport tourer 2.0cdti Ykrats 1 4,814 11:th-Jan-2019, 09:22:30
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Hummels´s progress thread Astra GTC 2,0CDTi Hummelshøj 24 36,777 2:nd-Jul-2017, 18:42:45
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  GTC 2.0CDTI Slow Progress KRISGTC 8 7,010 30:th-May-2017, 13:03:02
Last Post: KRISGTC
  Hawki341's 2.0 CDTI Ecoflex Astra Elite Progress Hawki341 45 16,482 15:th-Dec-2016, 18:02:03
Last Post: Hawki341
  Andy2174 Astra SRI 2.0cdti andy2174 140 52,227 15:th-Oct-2016, 09:36:29
Last Post: andy2174