Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
soft99 waterblock

Soft99 Waterblock
Hi guys,

So last week, a great friend of mine sent me down some sealant to try.

It's called Waterblock. Made by the guys at Soft99, perhaps most famous for producing Fusso.

Now Waterblock, is made in Japan, so freshly imported to the UK and now in my cupboard

It's a sealant, despite its wax looking character. It comes in a large 300g pot with a sponge hidden in the lid. It's all in Japanese but will get a translation put up at a later date.

Waterblock is mainly used for its hydrophobic properties.. that's beading and sheeting in English. There is little to no gloss enhancements at all.

To apply, rub the sponge in the container to lightly coat the sponge in sealant, then apply in a circular motion to the vehicle, overlapping by about 30%.

Leave it for about 5 minutes, or double that if below 5°.

Use a microfibre towel, ideally a short loops, to buff off the product. This is great for removal, offering easy buffing.

For best results, do not wash within 48hours.

The video below shows the left side of the bonnet which is treated with Waterblock, against a simple Quick Detailer which is on the right side of the Bonnet.

Happy Sealing!

https://vimeo.com/201572799
Awesome, looking forward to trying this myself.

With it having no gloss enhancement, would using a glossy wax prior to this work or would it have to be applied afterwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(29:th-Jan-2017, 23:23:54)Tonto Wrote: Awesome, looking forward to trying this myself.

With it having no gloss enhancement, would using a glossy wax prior to this work or would it have to be applied afterwards?

It's a funny one...

With it being a sealant, it needs bare paint to adhere too...

But on the flipside, putting a gloss enhancer such as a wax, on top of this, will limit it's hydrophobic properties.

Ideally it would be used as a standalone product.

However...... having tip top paint, such as a machine polish or an enhancement to boost the gloss of the paint, will help massively, thus eliminating the need for any gloss enhancement product.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Apologies, didn't really answer your question lol.

You can use a gloss enhancer, but if anything ideally after the sealant has been applied. As mentioned it will limit the effect of waterblock, but it would be glossier with some limited form of protection.

Ok so sort my paintwork out prior to applying waterblock and leave it at that, gotcha

You can use a paint cleanser before hand, which does offer some gloss, as well as a glaze, which will hide swirls.

By doing this, I would expect the durability of waterblock to drop from 3 months to around 2 months. Which is still pretty good. You can keep topping it up when needed

Thanks to @Wellsy putting me onto this product I have no complaints about.

I used a polish before hand that was also recommend by Phil.

Glad Phil has joined the forum and look forward to getting lots of great advise.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.