Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
stone chips j astra

Astra J Stone Chips
This is my first post so apologies as I know this has been covered countless times. I'm at my wits end so any help would be appreciated. I have an Astra j gtc 2.0 sri in Carbon Flash. It's a VE62 plate. I've had it just under a year. It is horrendously marked with stone chips. Both sills. Both rear quarter panels are practically white!! Dealer does not want to know and I've been onto head office with no success. They say it isn't a manufacturing fault!! I've read some have had success and had it covered and resprayed. I asked for a copy of the technical bulletin q-13-005 stone chips which they refused. Does anyone have a copy as I feel after spending over 10k on the car,I feel it should b of decent quality and I'm sure I'm just getting fobbed off. . Many Thanks. Iain.
Welcome to VXOC,

its mostly VXR's that have had resprays due to to week paint.

Mudflaps will help and you could always use a clear coating on the bonnet.

I'll have a look for the TSB when i'm online next.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks for your help Rusty. Really appreciated.
its down to the body shape and wheel offset the wheels just throw stones up and down the sides of the car
not seen many GTC cars that dont have stone chips all over the rear the front lower quarters
mud flaps should help
Cheers Tucpal. What I can't understand is how Vauxhall are happy to do nothing and think it's acceptable to do nothing considering the car cost approx £23k brand new. There are pages and pages of complaints across the forums regarding the issue. It's certainly not an isolated problem. I've purchased Vauxhall cars over the last 16 years and this is by far the worst paintwork I've had. I find it staggering that they treat customers like this!!! Putting on mud flaps is the way forward but it's the damage already there which frustrates me! I understand admitting liability by Vauxhall has huge cost implications but what about customer loyalty and customer satisfaction!! Think morals not your profit.......how naive eh?!?!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,673 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 8,127 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 4,202 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 4,246 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,915 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 2,065 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,189 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,527 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,841 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Astra J workshop manual Euroshopper 1 1,988 9:th-Jan-2021, 08:09:36