Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
gtc help 6t 1

GTC 1.6T Help
There is a k&n typhoon air intake kit for the 1.4 gtc but i can't seem to find one for the 1.6

will the 1.4 kit fit on the 1.6?

Cheers
I would say not 1.4 turbo only
do you no were to get one from for the 1.6 if not would a universal one do?
(22:nd-Jan-2017, 19:39:56)JJ00 Wrote: do you no were to get one from for the 1.6 if not would a universal one do?

I haven't seen one for a 1.6T. I have a A16LET engine, and had a friend with the 1.4T. I tried fitting the k&n typhoon kit one afternoon and drove it around. It would hesistate around 4000 rpm and would not hold boost. Made a terrific sound though haha. So i have just fitted a pipercross panel filter instead. Probably making better power if not the same but without that intake sound.
I still don't think there is a lot out there for the 1.6t buddy. I made my own kit and it worked well. injen do make one specific for the car but I personally don't like the look of it and it will set you back £250+ and to be honest If your gonna spend that much you may as well have a look at the DBilas flowmaster.

here's links for both mate and Ive got a dbilas flowmaster to. If youve got anymore questions just ask away

http://www.injen-europe.com/opel/astra/a...ystem.html

http://www.dbilas-shop.com/Products/Flow...T::41.html
Thanks for your responses I will check out the injen and flow master air

Am I right in saying the injen one will better for sound that's more what I'm after
Yeah mate you will get a louder induction noise from the cone type filter, you still get it with the dbilas its just not as loud but it performs better overall and I was quite surprised by it. its your personal preference at the end of the day though