Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
vxr upgrade interior

VXR interior upgrade
Are they easy to come off got polish on mine wouldn't mind getting them painted and the ones around the windscreen and bonnet.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Ah I see! Well that’ll be interesting to see. I keep toying with the black roof look but all white maybe the way to go (if I ever get as far as that!). What are those roof trims even for!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(24:th-Mar-2019, 19:13:07)Rusty2009 Wrote: Are they easy to come off got polish on mine wouldn't mind getting them painted and the ones around the windscreen and bonnet.

they are held on with several plastic clips and simply lift straight up, I used one of those plastic trim tools to help it unclip. The plastic clips are quite fragile and are riveted to the roof.

(24:th-Mar-2019, 19:15:19)Telsun Wrote: What are those roof trims even for!?
to cover up the welded joint between the roof skin and the side body panels
this morning I whipped the front bumper off and fitted the front park assist sensors and wiring loom.

Just got to swap over the module, but not got the time at the moment.

Not a very good photo, was in a hurry lol

The central two black sensors are circled in green

Had a few extra minutes, so swapped over the module.

Front sensors are working and so is the IPC, result

will get some better photos later
Looking good mate. Is the rear sensors showing on the IPC too?

First VXR to have factory fitted sensors retrofitted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Just the front sensors on the IPC, exactly what I wanted

It looks very good. How did you manage to fit the front 2 that are in the center? Could you take some better pictures?

This is my roof mate, how yours will look. Much better

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através do Tapatalk
just got back from the bodyshop

(25:th-Mar-2019, 15:23:53)Jonika21 Wrote: How did you manage to fit the front 2 that are in the center? Could you take some better pictures?

I had to modify the foam block behind the bumper. I just cut away some of the foam to give enough room for the sensors and wiring plugs, the outer sensors had loads of space.

I will get some better pics
Need to do the window ones too tho as it looks abit odd now I think.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(26:th-Mar-2019, 08:09:39)Rusty2009 Wrote: Need to do the window ones too tho as it looks abit odd now I think.
it looks perfect in the flesh, the photo does not really capture the effect

I must say that without Rusty and this website none of the retro-fits would ever have happened to my car, thank you Mr Rusty

I will try and get a picture today of the roof from a short distance and a better picture of the location of the front sensors
Vocky

Very impressive indeed, the car looking is looking superb, all of the modifications that you have done to the VXR have been without a doubt been well worth the effort.
(26:th-Mar-2019, 15:17:39)marktourino Wrote: Very impressive indeed, the car looking is looking superb, all  of the modifications that you have done to the VXR have been without a doubt been well worth the effort.

thank you

My astra is now perfect in my eyes, exactly how I want ot to be. Well maybe after it gets a sunroof lol

The retro-fits have changed an average vxr into a fully loaded top of the range vxr, every retrofit has been a great idea and I would recommend them all.

Better pictures of the roof trims and the location of the front sensors;

It still looks better in the flesh, must be the angle the pictures are taken or something ...

I'm still not sure on the windscreen trim remaining black it looks out of place going from white to black it just doesn't flow now if that makes sense?

I'm wondering what else you can retrofit now lol.

What about as your into engines a nice 2.0cdti lump modified up to a high BHP and having a one off VXD lol.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I think it's because the photos are 'straight on', from any other angle they look great

Current power is over 330 bhp, which was only about £1k to achieve.

Going past that power level gets very expensive, very quickly.

ps: xenons would be a nice touch lol
(27:th-Mar-2019, 12:13:21)vocky Wrote: I think it's because the photos are 'straight on', from any other angle they look great

Current power is over 330 bhp, which was only about £1k to achieve.

Going past that power level gets very expensive, very quickly.

ps: xenons would be a nice touch lol

Yeah I would image the cost go high.

AFL, should be possible there are  a few VXR's with AFL, @JohnL maybe the man to speak to see if your specs match.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Looking at what has been retrofitted I'd say they are very close.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
(26:th-Mar-2019, 08:09:39)Rusty2009 Wrote: Need to do the window ones too tho as it looks abit odd now I think.
It's a no for me. No chance that it will look good colour coded too..

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através do Tapatalk
I recently replaced the exhaust system (cat back) with a Scorpion non res set up, which is quieter than the OEM system  

I had to chop the old one into four sections to get it off, wish I had a car lift lol
No more updates because I have part ex'd it in for a BMW M2 Competition
Such a shame you did alot to it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Who read this thread?
6 User(s) read this thread:
milozic (14:th-May-2023, 08:23:54), Cozzer1990 (3:rd-Mar-2024, 11:32:46), eaykara (5:th-Oct-2023, 07:17:18), Jnny (14:th-Apr-2024, 16:04:42), ziTneY (16:th-Oct-2023, 20:56:27), LindsayMerrick (18:th-Feb-2024, 07:06:34)