Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
a fart my just brain have car did

Did my car just have a brain Fart
Got into my car (Astra 2.0 CDTI Auto) to drive to the shop on my lunch, when I turn the car on nitove the AC fans went to full blast like I'd pressed the auto button, but I hadn't. I drove up the steepish hill out of my work exit, pulled out the junction and the engine just died, no power loss dials etc were still on but the engine just stopped, and Serveic vehicle soon message appeared on the dash. I know this generally indicates a fault, so I turned the ignition off and back on the car started without issue and didn't display any serveice vehicle now message, and drove absolutely fine to the shop and back  (couple of miles). When my I got back to the car park I read the codes on the ODBii code reader I have and it found no fault codes?!?.

So I have a few questions

1. once the SVS message appears does it normally stay on until the code is read and cleared, or will it clear with a stop/start of the ignition?

2. Could the car have just had a brain fart?!

Any advice welcome
Most likely had a mad 5 mins. if a code is flagged it will stay there till it's been cleared.

As for the A/C have you got it set to the setting you had it on before turning the car off?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
It was set to 2 on the fan and 20 degrees when I left it, when I started it the A/C came on full blast, with no level show on the fan speed like it does when the Auto button is pressed, strange hopefully it may be brain fart,. Cheers for the reply, hopefully just a glitch but I'll keep an eye on it
Well the car didn't have a momentary Brain fart, same issue again today started the car put it in D went to pull away and engine cut out. I plugged in the ODBii code reader straight away with the service vehicle soon message still showing but got no codes :-(. As I'm in the AA called them out, didn't bod well as the first thing the chap said was service vehicle soon just means it needs a service :-( Lols, so I played dumb he read the codes P0088 - Fuel rail pressure sensor. Error Message : Pressure too high. Temperature too high and P0193 - Fuel rail pressure sensor. Error Message : voltage too high. Signal too large. He noticed the tuning box straight away didn't test the sensor or check voltages etc, just said tuning box will be the issue as it just ups the fuel pressure, now to me this seems a little weird I've had the tuning box on for a couple of months and covered 3-4000 miles without issue.

He recommended to disconnect the tuning box and try running the car to see if it happens again, if it does there's a fault with the fuel rail, sensor/connector/wiring, if not I'll now the box is the issue.

I have a few questions

1. Could the box really be the issue its a bluespark one that had good reviews not a cheapy one, surely if it was an issue it would have happened as soon as I fitted it. Also surely if it was the box it would be happening under full throttle not barely moving?.
2. If the box is the issue why is it only happening when the engine is cold, I had lunch at 4pm yesterday when the fault originally happened (car had been sat since 9), drove home last night no issues at all. It had the issue again first thing this morning when started, but then drove in once restarted with no issues at all.

I'm really hoping its not the box as I think I'll really miss the extra performance :-(, and cant afford a remap
What setting were you on top settings can have issues
Nope not on the top setting think it the fuel map rather than the torque max and mid way on the level setting, it seems really strange as its been of for a while now and covered a fair mileage without issues :-(

I guess I'll find out in the next few days if its as sensor/fuel rail issue, weirdly kind of hoping it is as I have a very good warranty and it will be covered, at least that way I can put the tuning box back in :-)

Been on to bluespark they recommend disconnecting box giving it a few days then reconnecting it
Well he's wrong with the SVS message meaning as you already know.

I had a bluespark on mine worked fine then would randomly not stat. I would try turning the settings down on the box but first try a few days without the box and see if the issue does come back with no box fitted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Well took the box off and been fine all weekend, the chap at bluespark recons the box was turned up too much, but its a mute point now as I'll be trading the Astra in, I needed a car quickly and brought the astra on a whim and whilst I love the spec, its not really big enough for my needs, and I'm not 100% happy driving an auto, so back to a manual for me :-)