Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
airfilter

Airfilter
Gtc
2.0 cdti Sri

Hi all , thought I would have alook at the airfilter as not owning the car for long I wanted to feel my way around .

Anyway does this look normal as I've never seen it before !!

There seems to be a layer of foam under the airfilter ..... is this correct ? Surely it wound hinder the breathing of the engine

Thnx in advance

James
I had it on my car also and I have seen it on others I agree it can not be good or right sure it is the dealers doing it to cut costs or something my one was clogged beyond believe also I was actually very shocked as I had never seen it before and apparently the dealers said it was fine for another year haha
Hi, yes this is correct! Every J I've owned has the white foam on the paper filters. Looks like your's could do with changing mind.
I've taken the seat foam off and the airfilter is nice and clean underneath ..... I won't be using a filter with the foam on again , I'm actually looking at making an induction kit as no one makes one for the 2.0 cdti as far as I can see

Cheers james
Anyone use a k&n or similar flat airfilter and is there a noticeable noise difference as I can't see performance being affected tbh
(18:th-Sep-2016, 18:53:57)JPW Wrote: Anyone use a k&n or similar flat airfilter and is there a noticeable noise difference as I can't see performance being affected tbh
Yeah I've got a K and N one and a lot of people on here do too. Some claim that they can hear the engine breathing more but I personally think it sounds the same. K and N themselves claim you get a few Bhp more from using one too but again not really noticeable in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I have a pipercross foam panel filter. Slightly more induction noise, hardly noticeable. Don't feel significant gain but surely with the tune it helps to breath better and you can clean it and reuse it
As others have said mine also had that material on the bottom. I managed to get a k and n from Amazon for £15 warehouse deals. Worth checking every now and then if your not desperate to replace.