Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
parking camera

Parking camera
Does anyone know if it's possible to fit a parking camera to a Navi 600.
Andy from vx mods would probably know this
but i would say if the nav600 has that function then it could be possible
there is an after market unit i have been doing some research on
that will do this also and DVD but it is very hard to get the info i need
as the only people who have fitted this are all internationals

but here is a clip of what it looks like and a link from were to find it
but i don't know much info on how it works or how well yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0loO5t-wcZY

https://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://ww...Yi-AcTKfqQ

alot more info is needed on this
but it seems to work on the nav600
Cheers, i know of two people that have done it over on ***, but couldnt really understand how they did it. im sure i can remember one of them saying to use two certain pins behind head unit which is your video output.
it wont be hard to find the pins as we have TIS

here is the guide for how it is done factory fit option
http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13391275.pdf

this is a dealer accessory kit Opel sell
it will be one of the 3 part numbers

rusty is doing some work on this so Waite a few days and he will get back to you
The parking camera can be fitted to the navi600 and navi900.

The boot handle for the five door costs over £300+ from VX unpainted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I've looked at the link before, IMO it gets abit confusing. Rusty... My boots release is the opel badge. Was hoping to get a camera to fit in number plate light hole.
If an after market camera can be added then yes you should be able to do it.

how does the GTC camera look and were is it mounted
plate mount or boot handle
Vauxhall/Opel don't do the camera for the GTC they only do them for the 5door and Sports tourer. So would need to be an after market camera was thinking a number plate light one should do the trick.
it really wont be that hard to wire up it looks straight forward
you would really have to source an after market rear camera
and just run the wires to the back of the NAV
so the answer to your question is yes it can
when you get the NAV done we can look into this a bit more for you
but we would need to know what wires are on the after market camera first.
and there is the question of is programming needed to enable this option
if you do get the nav done you would be best to ask andy he May be addle to do this at the same time
if he can find all the info he needs but this would take him a bit of time.
tucpal Wrote:it really wont be that hard to wire up it looks straight forward
you would really have to source an after market rear camera
and just run the wires to the back of the NAV
so the answer to your question is yes it can
when you get the NAV done we can look into this a bit more for you
but we would need to know what wires are on the after market camera first.
and there is the question of is programming needed to enable this option
if you do get the nav done you would be best to ask andy he May be addle to do this at the same time
if he can find all the info he needs but this would take him a bit of time.

I already have the Navi600 fitted, ive had rear windows tinted and just to be on safe side i though a parking camera was easy to fit. The one in link below is £19.99, last picture show you the wires? Once again thanks for info and help

Vauxhall Insignia Astra Sri Night Vision Rear View Reverse Parking Camera | eBay
This is where it gets tricky, the red plug with the red and black wires is power and ground,

Red would go to the rev light (Although I hooked mine up to a constant power source so I can just hold the button on the unit and see what I'm leaving behind)
Black is ground there is a ground point by the rear fuse board.

Yellow to yellow is the video cable (should be done with 2 wire) I believe inside so that would need adapting somehow to into the rear of the unit.

Camera is directly linked to Navi 600, pin 5 and 15 is the video input.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Here's a link to the video interface for the navi600 & navi900
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
it is more or less the same as i linked in the first post
here is how the link rusty did works
i think this would be the best option as programming may needed the factory way

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...4634,d.ZGU
Thanks, tbh I don't really want to attempt it myself unless I know 100% what I'm doing. I've blown a bsi unit in the past and they arnt cheap to replace.
Can this be done without using the video interface. If so I'll be a guinea pig when my car is back

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cornishtaz Wrote:Can this be done without using the video interface. If so I'll be a guinea pig when my car is back

I would have thought so as you can spec it as an option on things like the Tourer as long as you have satnav
JohnL Wrote:I would have thought so as you can spec it as an option on things like the Tourer as long as you have satnav

Cool I've got satnav time to order one. I'm getting a nice pile of parts for when the VXR is finally home

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cornishtaz Wrote:Cool I've got satnav time to order one. I'm getting a nice pile of parts for when the VXR is finally home

What the hell is going on with your car mate is it still not fixed?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:What the hell is going on with your car mate is it still not fixed?

Bodyshop had one of their ovens fail so there's a back log, should be end of next week

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BAZ if you want to do the factory retro fit dealer fit accessory
you need to follow this and then get the programming done

http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13391275.pdf

the only difference should be you would need an after market camera
and mount it in say the number plate but is is finding a camera that will work with the factory wiring
They don't list the rear cam as an option for the GTC/VXR so I can't see you getting the VCI codes from VX mate and you would defo need them on a 12 plate car onwards.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I've recently installed a reverse camera on my Astra J 5 door. I wanted to get the genuine one but it was going to work out 3 times the price and I still had to install it myself. I'm in Australia and the dealers were not promising they could get the VCI code from Opel but I found one who would at least try. I decided to go the interface box route instead. I used the same brand of box as Rusty2009 posted. The brand is FOSP but I bought it elsewhere cheaper. It intercepts the GVIF cable between the stereo and the screen rather than some which need you to pull the screen apart. It was a lot of messing around (first box arrived faulty and second one had a faulty part that needed a mod) but I'm really happy with the result. I found a camera that fitted into the hatch handle and looks like the genuine VX. The GTC will have to use the number plate light but that's OK.
that is really good to know and thanks for letting us all know it works
it does look like the best option and that camera looks real good
i wonder if it would work on the nav 500 if so then i may do this also.
At risk of breaking the rules, I've put a how to thread on the Australian forum. I have to give credit to Rusty2009 for his post on pulling the dash apart which I was pretty nervous about but his post described it brilliantly and gave me the confidence to have a go at pulling my brand new car apart. I might try to copy it to this forum also.

I'm not sure about the Nav 500 but it might need the RGB version. Downside is you need to pull the screen apart (not that big a deal I suppose) but the upside is its much cheaper.
Ask the sales guys though if it is the right one and they will confirm it.
Here are a couple of photos showing the end result...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71[/ATTACH]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

cool if you could post the how too in our how too section then that would be grate
and more than welcome.
Thanks for the link to the camera you used I have the boot handle that is used for the rear cam but Can't fit my kenwood one in it and the I can't get hold of the correct wiring diagram for the VX cam

So I might invest in the cam linked to.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Summit I take it that cam has no fixing screws it just has a nut that goes onto the centre?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yes just the nut and a washer - which I think is enough. I had to put a rubber wedge under it to get the right angle - it could use a little more wedge as you can see the white panel in the bottom of the image. Even though the camera is sealed I put some silicone around the end of the nut and to keep it from moving.
I've just ordered the number plate camera in post 10, will let you know how I get on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cornishtaz Wrote:I've just ordered the number plate camera in post 10, will let you know how I get on

I have one of those fitted on my 5 door hatch, rigged up to one of Rustys fave stereos. Works fine, but if it shows the guide lines, remember they will be wrong. Distance wise it is spot on, but position wise, nearside to offside, then it is off due the fact the camera is offset. So don't try reversing close to high pavement thinking your spot on, only to hear that lovely crunching noise! (and no, I haven't done that!)

I will be changing mine at some point to one like our man from down under has used. That way it can be put dead centre on the bumper.
Thanks mate I'll keep that in mind. It's a shame they don't one for the 3dr

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[MENTION=59]Summit[/MENTION] thanks just ordered that cam just got to wait for it to come.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I've now posted a how to.
Given that you have ordered the same camera, you might want to think about how you are going to wedge it into the right angle. I used a $1 part as per my how to.
My camera has turned up, just need the car back to get it fitted then fingers crossed it wont need programming, as going to take power from reversing lamp +ve feed. Will take pics and put a how-to together as long as it works
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cornishtaz Wrote:My camera has turned up, just need the car back to get it fitted then fingers crossed it wont need programming, as going to take power from reversing lamp +ve feed. Will take pics and put a how-to together as long as it works

Good Luck... Hopefully it will work.
Are you going for the factory wiring option
Was going to tap into reverse lamp +ve feed and then use oem into the monitor
cool speak to andy from vx mods he can get the pins
Well while taking my dash apart for the next led conversion stage thought I'd look into fitting the reverse camera. I was going to try and use the OEM wiring at the stereo but on checking found I already had wires in pins 5/15 so will be going down the GVIF route instead.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the pins may be there but they will end some were on the loom it is just a case of finding were they go
too the bcm and the main loom near the glove box most likely.
you can also take the pins out and add new ones there then run the wires were needed so you know there will be no brakes in the factory loom
I had a look on TIS and the pins for the connector on tge wiring diagram don't tally with my connector

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
you will find a few pins that will be on the connectors behind there that you may have but will not be in use
but you would be best just to get that box most likely be alot easier
keeping this info here so if anyone wants to continue with this add info here.
(28:th-Jul-2014, 18:57:07)tucpal Wrote: keeping this info here so if anyone wants to continue with this add info here.

So did anyone managed to do it without interface and fund the codes to program?
(9:th-Apr-2018, 23:58:37)Mahatma Wrote:
(28:th-Jul-2014, 18:57:07)tucpal Wrote: keeping this info here so if anyone wants to continue with this add info here.

So did anyone managed to do it without interface and fund the codes to program?

I've fitted it to many Astra's without the interface box and programmed them.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Navi 650 bluetooth and reverse camera mislav_os 30 21,339 9:th-Jun-2021, 16:08:07
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Parking sensors. Spud7997 21 8,933 15:th-Dec-2020, 20:54:36
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Rear camera fit on Opel astra sports tourer info ;) Alienbv 24 19,164 26:th-Dec-2019, 13:00:29
Last Post: niteram
  parking and cluster upgrade Maniacu 5 9,369 8:th-Sep-2019, 13:06:46
Last Post: andre_rf
  Speed camera POIs Issue fezza37 2 2,926 26:th-Feb-2019, 22:25:04
Last Post: desmo
  Front camera retrofit for Lane departure and traffic sign assist Rusty2009 124 76,171 2:nd-Feb-2019, 11:54:01
Last Post: marktourino
  Anybody with the front camera on a 5 door Rusty2009 9 6,537 20:th-Oct-2017, 15:16:35
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
milozic (9:th-Sep-2023, 21:36:31), Farkask14 (3:rd-Nov-2023, 22:02:49), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 16:21:31), LindsayMerrick (18:th-Feb-2024, 07:42:38)