Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
fobs opening not car

Fobs not opening car
Both of my key fobs have stopped opening/locking my Astra J ST. I've tried resyncing, but nothing happens, as if there's no signal, but it's unlikely that both fobs would go at the same time so I doubt it's the batteries and it's not external interference because it happens everywhere I park. Using the key in the door only unlocks the driver door, but when I lock it, and other doors are unlocked, it locks them all. The button on the dash still works to unlock/lock all doors, so I don't think it's a problem with the central locking system per se. Could it be a blown fuse to the receiver, or is something wrong with the receiver itself?  If the latter, can I check it myself, is it a dealer only thing, or will my local garage have the equipment?  It may be a coincidence, but the day before this started, while I was driving, the odometer and dash lights briefly died, before coming back a couple of seconds later (which was worrying, but hasn't happened since).  Any help would be greatly received.
A few things for you to try.

I know you may not think it could be the battery but you never know.

so change batteries, failing that have you tried putting the key in ignition and turning to position 2 then pushing the lock unlock button?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi Rusty, thanks for getting back to me. I've tried resyncing as you suggested and no luck. I'll change the batteries, but really don't think that's the problem as both fobs stopped working at the same time. I've read somewhere that disconnecting the battery might help, but I need to dig up my radio code first. I'll post back with any progress.
You could try the battery just pull the neg off for 30-60 minutes. The radio doesn't have a code its VIN locked to car just make a note of all your settings.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
That's good to know about the radio. This is going to sound pretty ignorant, but what settings do you mean (for me to make a note of)?
Any settings you have set for the car via the radio like comfort settings radio favourites etc.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi everyone,
this is my first post here.

I have a issue with the door locking system.
Using remote key fob, the door may or may not unlock on first attempt.
Upon opening the doors, the car locks itself again, so I have to peon the door quickly before it does this so I can get in.

It doesnt always do this but mostly it does.
One key seems to be more reliable than the other.
I have replaced both key batteries with brand new ones. Checked them with a multimeter as well before putting them in.
Old batteries 2.9 volts, new batteries 3.3v

Have tried resetting to factory setting in the Configure menu.  No change.

What could be the problem?  Has anyone else come across this before and if so what was the fix?

Astra GTC 1.4T SRi 2012

regards
Have you tried the negative off 60 or mins to allow all systems to fully shut down?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Already fixed it now.
The key fob need a new switch on the circuit board.
I solder in a new switch to replace the faulty one (lock button) and then everything works perfectly.
Hi tried the disconnect battery trick already but that made no difference.
I bought a new key fob case and switch kit off fleabay for £10.
Had to separate the key tab from the hinge and reconnect go the new hinge, as the new one was a slightly different pattern.
But it's perfect now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deactivate the windows opening from keys bruce_19 4 6,657 6:th-Nov-2016, 19:56:24
Last Post: bruce_19