Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
a about questions my few astra

A few questions about my Astra
Just a few things I couldn't find the answers to to get me started with modding.

1) How do I go about removing the front and rear badges for painting. I've learned to get the front grill off its a bumper off job but can I remove just the chrome badge? Also the rear one which is the boot release button.

2) VXR fog surrounds. Have seen the VXR has the silver panels around the fogs. Never had a close look but are these panels that can be added on or part of the bumper. I'd like to paint some and put them on.

3) Rear wiper. Is it easy enough to remove this and does anyone know what size rubber plug thing I need for the hole?

4) Changing headlight bulbs. I have tried to change these but I take them out and can't remove the bulb from the holder. On my old car these pulled straight out. Am I missing something?
This is as far as I get

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
1. Rear badge is part of the boot opener, not sure how that comes off, front badge is just clipped on.
2. VXR's don't have fogs, I'm not sure if the VXR bits will fit a GTC bumper but the surrounds should come out so you can paint them.
3. There is a thread on rear wiper removal it's not a how-to but there is info in there https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-De-...windscreen
4. The holder is part of the bulb and the new bulb will come with the holder.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Rear badge comes off with fishing line or plastic trim tools.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks.
I'll look into seeing if I can get a part number for the panels under the fogs. As far as I can see my bumper is the same as the VXR apart from what is in the fog light area.

Aw really? I bought new bulbs on recommendation of this thread https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Ast...IGHT-BULBS
You got bulbs for a 5-door GTC uses a 9012 iirc full list here

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Bul...-reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(11:th-Jul-2016, 22:26:31)Rusty2009 Wrote: You got bulbs for a 5-door GTC uses a 9012 iirc full list here

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Bul...-reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great ? Can still return them I'm sure. I'll have a look for the right ones.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Owner - Few Questions pr0xibus 5 1,465 25:th-Feb-2023, 20:15:36
Last Post: pr0xibus
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,546 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
Three GTC VXR questions neilll 3 1,716 14:th-Aug-2021, 21:33:37
Last Post: neilll
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 8,102 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,598 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,812 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,904 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 2,049 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,176 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,516 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35