Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
new guy

New Guy
Hey all new to the forum so introducing myself.

I'm Andy from Leicester and have had a 2003 2.2 SRi Astra until it finally gave up recently.

So last month I treated myself to a 2013 Astra GTC 2.0 CDTI SRi Auto and I absolutely love it.

Bought with 11k miles on the clock from 1 former disabled owner everything about it was in great condition.

The only things I have done to it so far is swap the DRL bulbs for a nice white colour and put my personal plate on it.

Picture below next plans are some 19" alloys and I wouldn't mind putting a built in Nav unit.

Also want to de-chrome the outside with a body coloured grill and will put a carbon tape over the window surrounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum.

Very nice GTC you have and you will find too many ideas on hear that you didn't know you wanted lol
welcome, you will be very skint if you stay on this forum as your shopping list will grow lol,

how are you getting on with the auto box,
(6:th-Jul-2016, 14:44:11)mrtc Wrote: welcome, you will be very skint if you stay on this forum as your shopping list will grow lol,

how are you getting on with the auto box,

I find it a good box not too jumpy like former vx auto's

Only negative is its a bit slow in the boot if you put the foot down

Thanks for the welcome it's ok my wife is expecting some bills as long as she gets the same shopping allowance

I quite fancy these wheels it have the silver bits powder coated in red what do you think?

Welcome to Vxoc mate. Nice car!!

I have the auto on my 1.4t and find it slow to change also.

I have contacted a company who can remap the box to make the changes 50% quicker they don't have a dyno on the Vauxhall but do for an Audi but they have site we would see the same improvement m.

I'm getting my done at the end of the year I can forward on the details of its of interest.
Welcome to VXOC.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Welcome mate nice car!
tbh i wouldnt do alloys first, look at lows, getting rid of chrome first
(7:th-Jul-2016, 13:13:46)mrtc Wrote: tbh i wouldnt do alloys first, look at lows, getting rid of chrome first

The plan for de-chrome is first just trying to decide a grill the Window trim is being wrapped in carbon film that just leaves the badges.

I don't think I will lower as need the clearance at work the ride sits pretty solid anyway.

(7:th-Jul-2016, 13:13:46)mrtc Wrote: tbh i wouldnt do alloys first, look at lows, getting rid of chrome first

Blasphemy!! You can't speak of 'getting rid of chrome' you love it too much

i love it, everyone else hates it
I like chrome just on plain colours cars (Black, White, Grey)

Not on Red

Nice car and welcome, I went for gloss black window trim on mine and when I find some time I'll be painting the front grill yellow with the griffin in black
Nice red car. Welcome.