Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hesitating

Hesitating
Astra jhesitating when accelerating have changed coil pack plugs maf air filter and cleaned throttle body nothing helped any ideas thanks
welcome what model do you have petrol, diesel, turbo, na, etc ??
it sounds like dirty fuel injectors or air fuel mix if it is petrol
but need to know if the car is a turbo or not.
Its1.6 Sri petrol
as i said then above
have you ever had any error message pop up
and how bad is this hesitating are there any other symptoms.
No fault codes or lights car runs fine other than that
Your best just to get it looked at or you will be forever changing parts that don't need changing
it would have been helpful to have see the old spark plugs for their condition
you could try an injector cleaner but if you have no error messages and the car feels ok other wise
it may just be fine so get it looked at it is your best bet.
Quick reply I am a mechanic so garage can't repair it if they have no fault codes I have a code reader only thing garage could do was use parts from there stores one at a time just the same as I'm doing just looking for someone who maybe has experienced the same thing
(12:th-Jun-2016, 17:32:13)Delboy21 Wrote: Quick reply I am a mechanic so garage can't repair it if they have no fault codes I have a code reader only thing garage could do was use parts from there stores one at a time just the same as I'm doing just looking for someone who maybe has experienced the same thing

I've been going though a similar experience. Misfires, hesitation, rough idle and poor fuel economy, no engine lights or codes, and even weirder, poor gear changes from 1st to 3rd. Even Vauxhall were confused.
I swapped out the spark plugs and changed the coil pack, to avail.
Then I thought I'd clean the MAF sensor, and it seems to have sorted the problem. Its not 100%, but it will do for the moment until I can get a new sensor.