Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
diesel super premium

Premium/Super diesel
Anyone here tried the premium diesel in their J's ?

Was thinking it might be worth a few tanks to see if its worth the extra/litre

Maybe as my car has a tuning box it would benefit from the premium stuff 

Any thoughts ?
yes use premium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezjknhwcQXU

but it is not all about performance gains if you even see any at all
there top fuels have cleaning agents that help clean the engine and keep it cleaner
tuning boxes maps etc also recommend higher octane fuels
i don't get any less mpg by using top brand to low brand fuels
but i like to use the best and keep my engine as clean as possible
i would never use cheap supermarket fuels
sure this thread will be popular
Thanks for the link, will watch that a bit later

Will try some shell premium next week
I've tried all the BP & Shell fuels and I find I get the best From bog standard Sainsbury fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
My GTC has only ever had Shell V power diesel... I've used others in the past in other vehicles and I notice it's louder plus get worse MPG... I'm determined it is better for my car.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
I always used supermarkets fuel and I fill from Sainsbury and never had no problems. I heard from a taxi driver you tend to get more Miles from Petrol forecourt than supermarket forecourt. But I never noticed this. I think supermarkets fuel and other forecourt fuel standards must be same, as they must comply with British standard. I think the petrol forecourt must add additives to boost their fuel quality after delivery from the wagon. This is my opinion.

Sent from my SM-J100H using Tapatalk
(21:st-May-2016, 20:37:33)caretaker Wrote: I always used supermarkets fuel and I fill from Sainsbury and never had no problems.  I heard from a taxi driver  you tend to get more Miles from Petrol forecourt than supermarket forecourt. But I never noticed this. I think supermarkets fuel and other forecourt fuel standards must be same, as they must comply with British standard. I think the petrol forecourt must add additives to boost their fuel quality after delivery from the wagon. This is my opinion.

Sent from my SM-J100H using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure additives are added at the fuel distribution depot, prior to the tanker leaving, I very much doubt its carried out by forecourt staff, which are mainly shopkeepers and quite often are working single handed
here is more food for for thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViYYgYsdlZI

the truth is that supermarkets by in bulk on the day at the refinery from many different oil companies
the oil companies sell off surplus stock to supermarket tankers
and the supermarkets are on the look out for the cheapest price offered by the oil companies on the day
so who really knows what a supermarket filling station has in its main tanks
i would think they have a real mix of brands they have picked up for as cheap as possible

this is why i stay with the same brand premium fuel like shell v max so i know what i am getting each week
and my engine will be happy getting the additives it needs to stay clean and healthy.

its a bit like saying ralph lauren is just as good as primark hahaha
I always use BP/Shell standard. Had loads of DPF issues with supermarket.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I'll fire in whatever is cheapest. I've always done this and have never had any issues.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Threaded Mode Diesel Fuel guage erratic low fuel and then half tank caretaker 1 1,573 30:th-Dec-2022, 17:32:20
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Diesel door wont opel Arkanggel10 2 1,463 13:th-May-2021, 15:31:33
Last Post: Arkanggel10
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,581 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  diesel question niteram 13 5,370 29:th-Mar-2020, 09:48:59
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Petrol sounds like a Diesel RadicalRooster 13 4,657 23:rd-Nov-2019, 21:46:23
Last Post: niteram
  2.0 diesel Masked 0 2,601 6:th-Aug-2017, 15:11:07
Last Post: Masked
  liqui moly diesel purge rbull51 4 4,829 1:st-Dec-2016, 22:39:07
Last Post: tucpal
  DIESEL ADDITIVES AND DPF CLEANERS. tucpal 20 12,838 25:th-Jul-2016, 21:20:55
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  Additives for Diesel engine ? Alienbv 7 6,144 11:th-Mar-2015, 22:11:25