Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
the beastie wee

The wee beastie
Meet Doris

[img][/img]
hello doris
omg that is so annoying, i was planning on calling my astra doris when i finally get back on the road lol, i guess ill just have to call it dolly lol,

what spec is doris, any plans?
Did you buy the bottom half of Doris too?
I'm on a budget, could only afford the top half :-0

(20:th-May-2016, 22:09:14)mrtc Wrote: omg that is so annoying, i was planning on calling my astra doris when i finally get back on the road lol, i guess ill just have to call it dolly lol,

what spec is doris, any plans?

There can be multiple Doris's ....They could be twin's.

Plans yeah a few .
1. See what can be done about fitting DAB
2. See what can be done about fitting folding mirrors
3. See what can be done about fitting auto dimming rear vision mirror
4. Pep up the performance - maybe
5. See what can be done about fitting front fog lights
6. Interior LED lights

Think that will do for starters.....

(21:st-May-2016, 06:16:32)andy2174 Wrote: Did you buy the bottom half of Doris too?

(21:st-May-2016, 06:16:32)andy2174 Wrote: Did you buy the bottom half of Doris too?

Nah - I'm on a budget 
So thinking about things I think I've made a big mistake purchasing Doris - and I accept its probably my own stupid fault. Fail to prepare , prepare to fail and all that.
So my 10 year old Leon came with fog lights, folding mirrors etc , I just assumed the Astra would be similar , Oh well bloody expensive lesson learnt :-).
I totally agree on the Astra's equipment levels..........

Real penny pinching on GM's behalf thats for sure

No electric rear windows on mine, no rear arm rest, no bluetooth, I could go on, but, mine does have interior lighting strip around the transmission tunnel, yeah like thats something I have always wanted !

I get into my wifes £9K (when new) 63 plate Kia Picanto and that has way more standard fit toys
My last car was a 57 plate Seat and it had bluetooth, folding mirrors, auto lights & wipers, heated leather seats, front and rear electric windows.
Yea my astra doesn't have much extra's either, Doris seems nice but the picture doesn't do it justice i'm sure, you any other pics of the full car ? lol
Proper pictures, well almost.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Doris's cousin Frankie

[img][/img]
i much prefer frankie haha nice ride there
Frankie has more horsepower !!, not so good in the wet though.