Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags

Im looking to buy a GTC shortly and im wanting the 2.0 cdti. just curious as to what sort of things i should look for when buying and also what sort of options do people recommend the car has.

Im also unsure about getting a manual or auto as im not sure how good the auto is in the astra  Any help would be greatly appriatiated

many thanks lee
if its a new car then its 1.6cdti diesel only isnt it?

second hand if you can afford it look at the biturbo gtc, it looks awesome

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14-63-Vauxhall...SwAuNW8X6T
Well the paint isn't the best so check for stone chips and signs of rusting.

I have an auto granted its on the petrol but I like it it's changes smoothly and kicks down great when you put the foot down.
Welcome.

the 2.0cdti is really trouble free and it also has the F40 box (manual) I would always advise a manual over auto but it's what you want. as Bruce has said paint is weak also you want to check the springs quite a few people have ended up with rear broken springs. When on test drive give a good hard drive, if it's not been driven right it may have DPF issues.

Other than that only thing to in mind is 17" wheels = £30 tax a year and 18"+ £100+.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Great cars, the 2.0cdti is gonna give you the best of both worlds as it will feel a bit nippy and the fuels great on them. As the guys have said the paint on the GTC's is not great, I had an issue with mines after I picked it up with rust spots and the paint bubbling, so I would recommend going over every panel in detail. Stone chips are a nightmare but again if there is loads or some of them are quite large bring that up before you purchase and ask if the paint warranty is up to date aswell. apart from that I have no complaints, if you can go for a manual I would take that over the auto. Oh and welcome to the forum
Welcome and definitely a 2.0cdti with manual gearbox! I absolutely love mine and can't fault it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers for the reply guys will keep looking and hopefully post up some pics soon.
one more thing im looking for sat nav to bve in the car. is it worh waiting for one to come up or is it worth replacing the standard head unit with an after market one that has built in sat nav
one with a full factory set up is well worth looking for
but sheepy has a very good aftermarket option unit just fitted
tucpal have you got any pics of the unit please
Android head unit. S160 M072 from iceboxauto.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
cheers ill have a look on there.
(30:th-Apr-2016, 16:08:43)marcus Wrote: Android head unit. S160 M072 from iceboxauto.

Is that Google maps navigation?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Yip it is. Could only get it to work with the kotix rom though.

The 2.0 cdti is a great engine, plenty of low down punch and it also revs out pretty well

Dont bother looking at the official mpg figures though, my car wont get anywhere near the claimed 72.8, I get around 50-52mpg

Make sure your car has as many toys as possible and check that bluetooth is actually fitted and working, rather than just having buttons on the steering wheel! (although maybe the GTC has bluetooth as standard, unlike my 2013 SRi 5dr)
My 63 plate GTC SRi doesn't have Bluetooth :( so make sure it does have it and work.
(2:nd-May-2016, 07:48:38)bruce_19 Wrote: My 63 plate GTC SRi doesn't have Bluetooth :( so make sure it does have it and work.

All models come with the buttons on the wheel and radio. Most people think if the buttons are there everything else is this is not the case.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Yeah I know I was told if it had the buttons then it had that was from the dealer.

It isn't too much of a problem for me as I only stay 6 miles from work but I will be fitting it eventually.
(2:nd-May-2016, 08:50:23)bruce_19 Wrote: Yeah I know I was told if it had the buttons then it had that was from the dealer.

It isn't too much of a problem for me as I only stay 6 miles from work but I will be fitting it eventually.

When I ordered my car I added BT dealer rang me and said we got a match but no BT I said ok.

Picked car up saw all the buttons but nothing dealer spent 2hours trying to connect all sorts of phones before saying it doesn't have it.

I did say to them it's not idea to fit all the buttons if it doesn't have the option.

But now it makes my job easier when retrofitting BT.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(2:nd-May-2016, 10:16:25)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(2:nd-May-2016, 08:50:23)bruce_19 Wrote: Yeah I know I was told if it had the buttons then it had that was from the dealer.

When I ordered my car I added BT dealer rang me and said we got a match but no BT I said ok.

Picked car up saw all the buttons but nothing dealer spent 2hours trying to connect all sorts of phones before saying it doesn't have it.

I did say to them it's not idea to fit all the buttons if it doesn't have the option.

But now it makes my job easier when retrofitting BT.

How much is it to add Bluetooth?
You can buy the adaptor for £249 off eBay which I will be doing but you do need to take the front dash apart but I'm game for the challenge.

There is also a how to guide on the forum too for help.