Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
county newbie from durham

Newbie from County Durham
Hi all, came across this site during a google search and was impressed enough to want to sign up
I have owned my 60 plate 1.6 Sri Hatch for around 6 months now and decided it's time I looked into improving the audio as I find the standard set up pretty awful, hence my google search that found me here.
Anyway site looks great, will be making a thread soon to pick your collective brains regarding audio installs.

Regards, Craig.
Welcome to VXOC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
welcome, have you got satnav, if not look at the android one, it can get quite costly to get an aftermarket head unit in, think the fascia adapter is somet like 180 quid, the android one is oem style so it repleaces original head unit without needing a aftermarket fascia, sheppy has said it imporved his sound quality , i think it also adds rca

http://www.iceboxauto.com/vauxhall-opel-...id-44-m072

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ctkvx01-...lation-kit

heres the double din for aftermarket head units, bear in mind you have the cost of the head unit on top, shame the android cant have dab but as long as you have decent amount of data on yoour phone then your ok
Thanks for the warm welcome

@ mrtc yeah they are the 2 options I had been looking at.

I'm about to post a thread to see if I can get any informed advice as to which route would be best for me as I'm a little undecided 

Regards to all, Craig
Welcome Craig, where a outs do you live? I'm in Blaydon and a few more nearby. We have a meet this Saturday if you're interested!!

(12:th-Apr-2016, 20:42:18)Tonto Wrote: Welcome Craig, where a outs do you live? I'm in Blaydon and a few more nearby. We have a meet this Saturday if you're interested!!

Thanks for the welcome 

I'm in Tow Law, so not too far away.

As for a meet that's something I'd love to do but I will be at work unfortunately, as well as that my car is well overdue it's post-winter detail so would feel a little embarrassed showing off my scruffy J 
I'll get some pics up once the weather permits me to give it the full works 
(13:th-Apr-2016, 09:19:47)CraigSRi Wrote:
(12:th-Apr-2016, 20:42:18)Tonto Wrote: Welcome Craig, where a outs do you live? I'm in Blaydon and a few more nearby. We have a meet this Saturday if you're interested!!

Thanks for the welcome 

I'm in Tow Law, so not too far away.

As for a meet that's something I'd love to do but I will be at work unfortunately, as well as that my car is well overdue it's post-winter detail so would feel a little embarrassed showing off my scruffy J 
I'll get some pics up once the weather permits me to give it the full works 

Ah yes not too far away at all! Well keep an eye on the meet section and the Facebook page! Also if you're interested we have a stand at PVS this year!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie geoffsnook 1 1,548 12:th-Sep-2021, 13:25:41
Last Post: Rusty2009
  New newbie Gavinsig 4 2,448 8:th-Sep-2020, 09:24:37
Last Post: marktourino
  Newbie Nubby 1 2,215 20:th-Jul-2020, 07:00:41
  Newbie BazMB 2 2,720 2:nd-Jun-2020, 11:48:08
Last Post: BazMB
  Newbie! Stacker 5 3,016 25:th-May-2020, 16:13:52