Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
dab radio app vs

app radio vs dab
whilst my anoying husband has been driving round the countryside really slowly (he drives too slow in his old man berlingo flappy paddle auto).

as he tends to listen to 1960s music and i want kisstory or absolute 00's, ive been listening to my music via my phone and my headphones in one ear, ive been keeping an eye on when the dab stereo says its lost signal, we have been in the middle of nowhere in mid wales, no fm, no dab but weirdly my app radio never missed a beat.

near where i live in the staffs/cheshire boarders there are dab/fm black spots and yes the app radio is faultless

i know we have to think about the cost of data but as soon as my phone is up for contract i will be getting as much data as i can, i only get 4gb at mo. its definatly the future,
Where's @bhalay207? Hahaha.

But yep! Internet radio is awesome! What app you been using or is it just the general one for the station you listen too? I find it really doesn't use uch data at all! Not even 100mb a week in my last lot of tests (but I need to check again soon). Glad we have a +1 for Internet radio!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

at the moment as its already on my phone ive been using the absolute app, but there is a radio app with all the stations on, ill have to down load that at some point
Knock knock!

@mrtc what network are you on? My understanding is dab will suffer based on its surroundings... Ie if your in a valley, the signals are blocked by the mountains, whereas your network will depend on the location of the masts... Ie stick the mast in the valley, you get signal.

I don't think it's a fair comparison to rule against DAB in favour of Internet radio. My only concern with Internet radio is there is an additional cost whereas DAB is free.... Effectively.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I listen to dab through my Pure Highway 300Di and Kinetic DRA-6003 amplified DAB/FM/AM roof aerial which replaced the Vauxhall stock roof mount aerial. So far the reception has been faultless but I haven't been far out into the wilderness as of yet for a thorough evaluation. Entire setup cost around £130, could've been cheaper had I settled for one of the stick on windscreen aerials but I wanted something more substantial and better quality.
im just on ee on a unlimite calls/texts 4gb data, its up in august so ill be getting as much data as i can,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radio Code after Subwoofer? Benjy 3 3,781 5:th-Jun-2015, 07:02:45
Last Post: Rusty2009