Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
servicing company for best

Best Company for Servicing
Hi All

Okay.. I'm aware this is going to vary hugely depending on your experiences, areas etc. But as I've voided pretty much every warranty on my car now I though I'd start to look around elsewhere for my yearly services (vauxhall current do mine and I'm in that service club as 20 something a month).

So.. What companies would folks suggests for services, Mot's etc? Bearing in mind I would trust my local SMALL garages with my cup of coffee let alone my car!

Ta

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I used servicing stop for my service just gone. They collected it and brought it back to me. Very reasonable price wise.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Oh wow! That's awesome! Are they a national company?

So far national tyres are winning, they're the only ones who always do work for me within the hour no matter when I call. They are cheaper than vx for small service, major and MOTs too.

Also the manager of the garage went and did a 40 minute round trip to collect my tyre for me and then fit it within half an hour of me getting there! Top service that

Yeah they're a national company that use local garages. I was very impressed

i do all my own servicing apart from oil change but i do supply oil filter etc myself to my friend and then i get my friend to change the oil and stamp the book
i have OCD when it comes to servicing also.
(19:th-Mar-2016, 19:10:47)bhalay207 Wrote: Yeah they're a national company that use local garages. I was very impressed

I'll check those out you then! Either way I'm cancelling my service plan with vx. @tucpal I get that and I'd do the same if I had the equipment and time to do it all myself..

Oh wow! This servicing stop people look awesome! Good prices and they do collection and delivery here too! So are they their own company or do they use local garages?

(19:th-Mar-2016, 20:15:10)sheppy1 Wrote:
(19:th-Mar-2016, 19:10:47)bhalay207 Wrote: Yeah they're a national company that use local garages. I was very impressed

I'll check those out you then! Either way I'm cancelling my service plan with vx. @tucpal I get that and I'd do the same if I had the equipment and time to do it all myself..

Oh wow! This servicing stop people look awesome! Good prices and they do collection and delivery here too! So are they their own company or do they use local garages?

From what I can gather it's independent companies but they operate under servicing stop. When they rang they introduced themselves as servicing stop and stamped the book as such. When I looked on Google, I only found independent garages

Hmmmmm see that's the thing that would put me off! I have used a fair few of my local garages and so have family members and every one of them have been ***** and I wouldn't trust them to do any further work on my car... I wouldn't want them to be used by servicing stop

Might be worth ringing them to enquire

Yeah I defo will! Weird how national tyres can do an interim service for £46! Surely they can't be doing very much! They said they change the oil and filter and do basic checks though at the very least!

I love how garages say they do basic checks. I bet they cast an eye over it if that. I looked servicing stop up when I first found them and they were on dragons den.

I've just looked at their website and seen that they have a 50% sale on. Just booked service and MOT for the end of the year. Received email confirmation and quoted the price that I'll pay also.

We'll see if they stick to it. Sneaky!

Yeaahh guess that's a risk with any garage though eh! I'll ring them anyway Monday and see what they say about garages they use

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Servicing the egr valve. . Simon Templar 2 4,877 29:th-Mar-2015, 11:49:37
Last Post: grahamfromoldham