Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
staff needed

Staff needed
We are looking for staff to help arrange local meets and local club events.

You will be working along side @Tonto & @Hev.

The following areas are available.

East Scotland
West Scotland Taken by @shorty S91 

East Midlands
West Midlands

South West
South East
South Central

Yorkshire & The Humber - North, East, South and West Taken buy @Hev but sure she could use a hand on this vast area.

South Wales
North Wales

East Anglia Taken by @andy2174 
North East Taken by @Tonto 
North West

London Taken by @andy2174 

If you are interested in filling any of these then please PM @Hev.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I've considered this but the forum just isn't big enough to warrant it IMO

Look at East Anglia for example, I think I'm the only member! That's a huge area too.

Surely we should be concentrating on growing the club first? Perhaps put more of an emphasis on promotion, get an official flyer designed that we can push current members to flyer cars in car parks and such?

Then once there is enough members on board that there is a need for the reps, then push that side?

I'm not trying to tell you how to run your club, but currently there aren't really many members from different regions that want meets. There's what 20-30 regular members and a few will occasionally meet as they live in closer proximity than some of the others.

Cheers
How do you grow the club without meets? Yes they are big regions at the mo but can be made smaller as time goes on.

Remember there isn't just the forum there is the VXOC Facebook page and also the Astra J owners Facebook page! There will be a lot on there I am sure who would be up for meets.

Also I think this will take off after PVS and other events take place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra J BiTurbo
I could do west scotland, theres plenty of car cruizes every weekend, so in terms of arranging meets thats shouldn't be an issue. I know a few of my mates have gtc's and j's that arent on the forum but would be up for meets
I don't use Faceshite so didn't know there was those pages.

What I meant was if I'm the only Norfolk based member, who am I to organise a meet for? Me & the Mrs?! Lol.

You need numbers to have meets, you promote the forum and grow the members base before you recruit a load of area reps.

I've been heavily involved with running forums in the past, this has lots of potential but needs to be done the right way. Needs more advertising, professional looking flyers/cards and some more external trade where like for like advertising can be exchanged in order to get the club noticed.
Yeah stick some pics up of you, the Mrs and the car at some scenic spot . I'm sure it won't always be like that, and as RO you will have flyers to put on cars when out and about. PVS will help massively in awareness as its VXOC's first year!

Facebook unfortunately is the reason a lot of forums are no more which is a shame!

All of those things you have mentioned are been actioned! I think 2016 is going to see a lot of change and progression for VXOC.

Also there is a non J part of the forum now as well which may help getting the smaller regions going.

I am also trying to organise some open days, one at LMF and one at a detailer up on Yorkshire

Astra J BiTurbo
A lot of people now won't sign up to forums as "they see no point". I had one guy (who I did retrofit for) ask me for info I said yes it's there on the forum mate. His reply was I don't sign up to forums why should sign up to something if it isn't on Facebook. My response was you signed up Facebook so what's the difference.

Without staff in regions how will the forum grow in them regions? You can have all marketing you like but the best form of advertising is word of mouth.

Now the J has fallen in price more & more people will be buying them on the 2nd hand market which should make more members as they want to mod them unlike the majority of 1st 2nd owners.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I agree with the above we do need area staff to help promote the forum.

I stumbled across the site by searching for something bespoke and had to search through lots of site where you have a main forum then smaller ones included which if your like me find a pain. When I am looking for something I want it to be specific and this site is specific to our cars.

The GTC has the boy racer appeal which can be bad but for getting a forum noticed these guys will mention it to everyone they meet with similar motors and grow it that way.

If your like me and notice things on peoples car like forums ect you always have a look and see if its worth joining or not.

Again the donation to this site has been smaller than others I have joined paying £10 for the same info I get on here and those forums lock the site till you join.

My personal preference based on past experience is business card to place on peoples car or give to people I have found that in the past people spend more time looking at a business card that a flyer as they are used to getting rubbish put under there wiper by randoms.

I can help out in East Scotland but due to work and family commitments I don't think I would have the time to give it the attention it needs.
Do you think we could open the forum up more to other vauxhalls. One issue i thought of was that this site seems to be specifically for mk6 j's and GTCs which isn't a bad thing but your limited as to whom you can reach out to. Even if you look at other forums your competing with the likes of clubvaux and AOC.
(17:th-Mar-2016, 14:04:57)Shorty S91 Wrote: Do you think we could open the forum up more to other vauxhalls. One issue i thought of was that this site seems to be specifically for mk6 j's and GTCs which isn't a bad thing but your limited as to whom you can reach out to. Even if you look at other forums your competing with the likes of clubvaux and AOC.

It's already got another Vauxhall owners part of the forum which has been recently added. Therefore all models of griffin are covered

Astra J BiTurbo
(17:th-Mar-2016, 14:09:30)Hev Wrote:
(17:th-Mar-2016, 14:04:57)Shorty S91 Wrote: Do you think we could open the forum up more to other vauxhalls. One issue i thought of was that this site seems to be specifically for mk6 j's and GTCs which isn't a bad thing but your limited as to whom you can reach out to. Even if you look at other forums your competing with the likes of clubvaux and AOC.

It's already got another Vauxhall owners part of the forum which has been recently added. Therefore all models of griffin are covered

haha I know that but what I'm meaning as at a first glance when the page loads the first thing you see is astra j / GTC so it may throw folk off. let me know if you go down the route of flyers or business cards and i''l take some along to the next cruize. We still doing stickers?
I contacted Tucpal about stickers but none in stock at the moment.
I would glady offer to help, I am based in Hertfordshire (North London ish) but I can also help with East Anglia if needed

Just let me know
Just as a curve ball, why arent the forums 'how to' section locked? It could be made paid members only. I know alot of us would have missed out but i really think theres a unique section that could be a good revenue stream for the club.

At the moment users choose to pay as the information they have received has been invaluable, not everybody is like that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
(17:th-Mar-2016, 18:38:54)bhalay207 Wrote: Just as a curve ball, why arent the forums 'how to' section locked? It could be made paid members only. I know alot of us would have missed out but i really think theres a unique section that could be a good revenue stream for the club.

At the moment users choose to pay as the information they have received has been invaluable, not everybody is like that.

I think if you did this you would have to ensure that all the how to threads were up to date, with all relevant links and images working, and staff on hand to help with all queries. And even if that was done there could also be legal ramifications if someone was to pay for a service which then resulted in a mistake down the line, could it be argued that the customer has a legitimate expectation to believe that the info he/she is given is correct as they have paid for a service. Maybe though I've seen too much Judge Rinder.
(18:th-Mar-2016, 16:02:38)stigeye Wrote:
(17:th-Mar-2016, 18:38:54)bhalay207 Wrote: Just as a curve ball, why arent the forums 'how to' section locked? It could be made paid members only. I know alot of us would have missed out but i really think theres a unique section that could be a good revenue stream for the club.

I think if you did this you would have to ensure that all the how to threads were up to date, with all relevant links and images working, and staff on hand to help with all queries. And even if that was done there could also be legal ramifications if someone was to pay for a service which then resulted in a mistake down the line, could it be argued that the customer has a legitimate expectation to believe that the info he/she is given is correct as they have paid for a service. Maybe though I've seen too much Judge Rinder.
I see what you mean but if it's built into the terms and conditions then I don't see what come back anybody would have. Every company known to man hides behind T&C's.

I think it's a great revenue stream that's untapped. If I remember rightly, FFOC (a Focus forum) had particular sections locked unless you were a paid member.

Either that or you offer something in return for sign up, like stickers or what not, anything to help boost membership/funds etc

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Can those's interested please PM @Hev.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi I'm in Wiltshire happy to help out if people help me I. What to do lol. ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staff vacancy (Event coordinator) Rusty2009 1 3,394 16:th-Feb-2015, 20:34:25
Last Post: Rusty2009