Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
s progress si thread

Si's progress thread
New to the site but thought I would start progress thread as have couple plans since getting my Astra Elite 1.4 turbo on Saturday.

Looking at doing the following:

DTUK FSR Tuning Box
Pedal Box
Wind deflectors
K&N air filter
Sport pedals
Window tints
Possible black roof wrap with wing mirrors
Alloys changed to Black

This is how currently stands from picking up

Open to suggestions

Thanks
Si
looks like a very good spec car there
looks lovely,
Very nice car, and welcome to VXOC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not jealous of the AFLs at all lol. Welcome!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Thanks lads it was best spec one that I could find in area. It has the cd nav 500 front and rear sensor but also has the sport and tour buttons which must change engine slightly as when I press sport all the dials go red so must mean it's faster lol. Haven't seen them on any other elite apart from the estate. Does anyone recommend an induction kit or stick to panel filter?
Hi, and black on white is so common why not do something different

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Yea i know black and white common but goes well other option I'm thinking is red since I'm a Liverpool fan.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
(25:th-Feb-2016, 11:50:39)siwhitfield Wrote: Yea i know black and white common but goes well other option I'm thinking is red since I'm a Liverpool fan.

I think keep whole car white. Lower it. Debadge numbers+letters Medium tint rear windows and get some 18s or 19s alloys on.

What part of warrington matey. Was born in latchford. Grew up in padgate and now live staffs/cheshire boarders
It will be a while if do change anything anyways. Just got my DTUK tuning box and pedal box so they will be getting fitted along with couple of other little things like sports pedals and air filter. Might debadge
Live right near Warrington town near the rugby ground mate.

After bit of advice lads I got some number plate led lights but one is dodgy have to wiggle cables to get to work. Is there any reliable ones on eBay that anyone knows off or am I best just getting the led bulb that fits in existing light. Also been looking at warranties for the car would anyone recommend one or is it waste of time as the companies try to not pay out anyways?

Just a little update I've managed to fit the following so far

K&N air filter not noticed any difference but just always replace standard filter.

DTUK FSR Tuning Box must say impressed i seem to notice more kick in lower gears.

Pedal Box so much better pick up even in the eco mode. I find it best for me with the tuning box.

Steelmate tyre pressure monitoring system can't afford retro fit was quoted over £400 by Andy Stockton and could have been gamble if vauxhall wouldn't give him code.

Led number plate lights one is but dodgy so gunna repalce.

Sports pedals easy mod and look so much better

Getting rear windows tinted tomorrow and will put team heko wind deflectors on.

New Michelin cross climate tyres getting fitted tomorrow aswell so can test tyre pressure monitoring system out then.

looking very good
could do with a alloy rest pedal

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32433329550...platform=y
It's getting there. How does that rest pedal fit? Would look good with that.

Self edhesive
Looks really good, like the leather interior

How easy was it to fit the dtuk pedal box, I fancy the idea but, dont fancy crawling around in the footwell, which I assume is where its connected ?
Thanks mate only thing with leather is it starts cracking.

To be honest mate it took me 5 mins if I can do it anyone can cause I'm not the most mechanical person. Worst part was routing cable through hole so fits in the storage compartment on right hand side. Definitely recommend getting one.

have you tried leather restorer before it gets too bad, i left a streetkas interior get tooo bad ended up buying another drivers seat, i wouldnt reccomend that
No mate ill have a look into thanks. Need something for plastic bit on seat aswell cause previous owner had cracked it but glue isn't working well where it is.

Windows now tinted went for 23% didn't want it to dark.

Front wind deflectors on will have to give it a week before can put back ones on after the tints.

New tyres fitted aswell really good tyre not much road noise but for the price I should hope not either.

loving the tints, nice car matey
Cheers mate think gunna leave as is now pretty standard just a few little mods not gunna mess about with vinyl

Wise choice i think, shame towbar isnt the removable type
I could get it removed as when got the car I got the support bar with it but I'll see it doesn't bother me that much

Looking good

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 38,780 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 174,395 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 90,665 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,425 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,169 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 41,099 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 557,066 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,497 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,494 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 12,731 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97