Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
spotting pothole

Pothole Spotting
So thought I'd start a thread on this to just show how bad some of the pot holes are near me... This one is one of the at least 15 that are between my house and my local train station 7 mins away.

Some of the others are just as large and some are smaller but way deeper... So come on, let's see some of the pics of ones near you!

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Don't get yourself stuck in that.

On a serious note the roads are shocking. Theres loads near me and one that i hit which caused my blow out. Luckly i managed to claim the costs back from the council but i shouldn't have had to do it in the first place

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Hahaha if I did would anyone be surprised?

Tell me about it though! They should be proactive and fix them as soon as they appear... They must ***** see them! Everyone else does!

Does anyone know how you report them?

Nah, probably not.

I know... It's a joke. As far as I know you just ring the council and they are supposed to do that rest. That one in your picture looks like a road in a third world country!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Hahahaha it does doesn't it! As I say there are other a few roads down that are just as wide... One actually spans the width of the road!! Wouldn't mind but they resurfaced the whole Road only last year so they clearly did a ***** job!

Found a form on my local council site so reported it...now I just need to jot down the locations of the others and get those reported too!

Sheppy the pot hole man.... Has a ring to it.

I had that coming... :/ hahaha

I hit two beauties on the A1 at the weekend... I'm removing my alloys tomorrow & half expecting my springs to crumble!

Obviously didn't stop to take pictures.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
A couple of years ago 1 of the presenters from my local radio station did a pothole thing he would get people phoning in and reporting pot holes to him and then he would phone the council and badger them to fix them.

Shame he's now moved and works for heart radio and my local station is now rubbish so I no longer listen to it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hahaha that would have been awesome! Needs something like that otherwise they just get ignored! Near where I live we have "wanksy" who draws penises on potholes to make the council fill them in:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filte...holes.html

wanksy!

Good ain't it! Hahaha

“Every penny that we have to spend cleaning off this graffiti is a penny less that we have to spend on actually repairing the potholes.”

Not if they repaired said pothole properly instead of just chucking tarmac in (which in most cases then makes a bump) and by next winter it needs doing again.

I have a simple solution for the councils.

When you resurface a road / pavement why don't you work with GAS WATER ELC etc and tell them your doing the work and if they have any work that needs to be done it must be done at the time otherwise a fine will be placed on them for digging up said road pavement with 1year.

Also if they had some sense they would run as much of it in the pavement under Grills that can simply be lifted out, if it has to cross the road again use covers (with tarmac topping or whatever the top surface is).

This would speed up any works that need to be carried out and also prolong the life of the road.

Yes it may cost more to start but the end saving would far outweigh that.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
We do have quite alot of potholes as i live in countryside but our main problem is flooded roads. There is a blind 60 mph bend that has been flooded for 3 yeara but as its on staffs/cheshire boarders nobody wants to repair it. It forces traffic on the rong side of the road facing oncoming motorists lol
ford are combating this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9LjHSTofw
Same here. Pay tax to drive on a safe and functioning road, which it is too, atleast on most places where I drive. But sometimes it looks like an EC700 ripped the road apart. Everything went very bad after politicians and oficials demolished the state owned administration that fixed and built all roads in Sweden. Same happened with the railroad some years ago... One large mess. Funny how we have one of the highest taxes in the world but still cant afford a network of tunnels and new motorways, or fix a few potholes or plow snow without taking funding from health care and school. Or I know why, but...

I will take pictures of potholes.