Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cover speaker

Speaker cover
Does anyone have a spare one of these?

Ta

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

What you planning now?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Hahahaha something that @rusty2009 doesn't agree with! Basically I wanna route my GPS receiver from the new head unit (when it arrives) up the back of the unit and through the central speaker location and sit it on the dash for best signal... But will have to cut a small hole in the back of the grill to allow the wire to go out...

So your going to have the GPS receiver on the dash?

Yeaahh I think so...will get the best signal then! rusty said stick it in the frame of the care behind the glove box but its a pain in the ass getting my glove box out now with my footwell lighting done the way it is! ha

Have you thought about getting a roof GPS receiver? Surely the sharkfin would be the better option no? @rusty2009 could he modify the wiring or am I Barking up the wrong tree here?

Yeah it would be mate and I want that but not sure how it would work...

you would plug your GPS DAB and FM into it
Issue we have is that they give you a GPS block with a connector on the end which plugs into the head unit...it's made by them and it's their connector. If i went for a VX shark fin then I wouldn't be able to use it for GPS as it would have it's own connector wouldn't it...

It looks like a fraka mate for GPS and you can adaptors if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hmmmm now you're talking! I'll defo add it to an official shark fine anyone got a part number for one that would be applicable to dab, gps and fm? (in fact guessing fm and dab is where I'd need the rear glass swap?)

Think it's this that I'd need to go via shark fin:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-Fakra-Opel...OSwr81UR6R-

And a load of adapters and extension cables lol

ask rusty and lewis they have just done it
I'd definitely look into the roof option mate. It'd give you the best chance of signal aswell not to mention looking oem.

Yeaaahh rusty helped me with finding what I need...gonna be about £70 all in for the cables and shark fin that gives FM/AM and GPS

Sounds pricey mate but you'll definitely prefer it rather than having an unsightly black block of plastic sitting on your dash.

agreed spend a bit more and get a proper job done
also you will get a better reception with them all being outside
and a more accurate GPS.
i have a spare speaker grille but one of the clips has snapped off. still works fine though. PM if you want to buy it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drivers door speaker phil37 8 6,144 25:th-Oct-2017, 05:18:21
Last Post: phil37
  Passenger Side Silver Lake Mirror Cover sheppy1 0 3,231 5:th-Jun-2016, 19:19:40
Last Post: sheppy1
  3" centre dash speaker Cameron UK 11 10,758 24:th-Sep-2014, 14:18:41
Last Post: Cameron UK