Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
disgusted lol

Disgusted lol
So today i just snow foamed my car and then give it a quick was with the mit. the car is absolutely stinking up close. i have so much tar and these dark patches that look like petrol stain from the cap, but i have some by the boot and bonnet and rear arches that i cant get rid of. i also have a lot of orange spots which look like rust all over the shop. 

Then to top it off im power washing the roof and i see 2 paint marks from where the painter spryed my roof. NOT HAPPY at all about that coz they are quite big (how can I get them off)

Im not one in for detailing and claying/waxing/polishing etc so whats best for me to do coz all these marks need some serious elbow grease.
it has to over spray by the sounds of it
you need to clay the car and use detailer spray with it
that should remove the over spray as for the paint marks got any pics of how big they are

have a look at this clip boring but he covers it all for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnH7hCe98Nc
Get a clay mitt as far easier to use... personally I'd be straight back to the sprayer!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
(10:th-Feb-2016, 20:23:01)tucpal Wrote: it has to over spray by the sounds of it
you need to clay the car and use detailer spray with it
that should remove the over spray as for the paint marks got any pics of how big they are

have a look at this clip boring but he covers it all for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnH7hCe98Nc

wow cheers mate that guy sure knows what hes doing. couldnt believe the difference in just that small square patch. Guess ill need to spend a day doing this. I'll take a pic now and upload it if it comes out ok its done dark now but i'll try with the flash.

(10:th-Feb-2016, 20:54:22)J1ODYA Wrote: Get a clay mitt as far easier to use... personally I'd be straight back to the sprayer!!!

I am mate gonna go straight there after work tomorrow. Its not like you can miss it either. Do you know what the orange rust ike spots are and do you get them on your car? Wish I had the heart to spend time cleaning my car but i really cba lol.
i have to agree there try the clay mit you can get them from halfords but use a detailer spray also
No idea about the spots, see if the mitt gets its off.

Using Tapatalk

capture

upload image online free

crap pics sorry
Just use imgur mate

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

what you mean sheppy?
To upload your photos... You can use imgur. Com

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

oh i use postimage mate
The rust spots sound like someone has been using a grinder near your car :/ and the hot sparks, metal particles have hit it, and are now turning rusty, see it happen a few times! I hope im wrong!
that does sound right i have seen that before aswell.
Dunno about that, seems a lot of people have them on white cars. Gotta look real close to find them. People are saying tar/bug remover and claying will remove them. So gonna have a go on sunday after my wheels and springs have been fitted.

Just reserved the halfords clay mitt after looking into this.

It's actually called industrial fallout. Just particles in the air coming from train tracks, other vehicles breaks etc.

Apparently this clay mitt in halfords for £12.99 gets rid of everything. So we'll see tomorrow - weather permitting