Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
theory car

Car theory
Nothing to do with astras but I'm watching "James mays cars of the" and he is test driving an electric car... Iv got a theory..

So if your electric motor is powering the two front wheels obviously moving the car and therefor the two back wheels just rolling.

What if you somehow connected the rear wheels to two or a single generator in turn inducing a voltage that then gets transfered back to the front engine and therefore minimal electricity getting uses.

P. S if it works I want money..

Sent from my HTC 0P6B900 using Tapatalk
I've always wondered why an electric car can't have an alternator.

Take one of these Nissan Leaf things that you have to keep charging... Why can't the electric powering it power an alternator to charge it instead of plugging it in?
Its definitely something I havent spent a lot of time looking into, Personally I think there wont be a time where a full electric vehicle will be the number one choice, I still think hydrogen and hydrogen fuel cell cars are the way forward in the automotive industry.

from what I know most medium sized EV's use around 120v batteries to power the vehicle, so if you were to add a generator for the rear wheels it would no doubt be really expensive ad also really heavy. If you look at the size of a normal alternator in a 12v system its already quite large and when the car is running they produce around 14.2 volts. so you can see where they would struggle to make a generator capable of generating 120v and still keeping it small and cost effective, also the heavier the car the more current it will need to get the car moving. it probably has been done already but no doubt its been really expensive hense why we haven't heard much about it.
With modern technology they are making things smaller and smaller so in time they most likely could make a generator small and light enough it just needs someone to look at it and find the way of doing it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Another issue would be could it generate enough current to replace the drain put on the batteries during use.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]