Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
kris progress my thread by

My Progress Thread - By Kris
Looking real good mate, by the arches on the GTCs are huge lol, looks mint lowered though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate I've looked into air now and it will cost me £5100 for a custom setup. I'm up for it but the missus is having none of it atm. She will however let me get coilovers lol...

Caught the back left alloy on Saturday too which is only a tiny ding but it broke my heart haha. Only thing is with air is have to get smaller wheels again I think.

Just don't know what to do next now. Really wanna get it mapped but not worth losing 26 months warranty :-/

(22:nd-Feb-2016, 18:20:28)Tonto Wrote: Looking real good mate, by the arches on the GTCs are huge lol, looks mint lowered though!

Yea I'm thinking a 40 profile tyre will fill the gap even more but put the speedo out a little bit. When it was first done it still looked high but seems to have taken to the new springs nice over the weekend.
Get some vxr side skirts maybe s aftermarket splitter.

Think I tried some 40 profile tyres and it brought the speedo closer to my gps reading
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(22:nd-Feb-2016, 19:08:09)cornishtaz Wrote: Get some vxr side skirts maybe s aftermarket splitter.

Think I tried some 40 profile tyres and it brought the speedo closer to my gps reading

I wanna get a splitter definitely. Not sure about the skirts though done see many about for sale.

What else did you do to yours mate? I've just run out of ideas lol...
Have a look through my progress thread for inspiration
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
O yes baz had one real nice GTC loads of inspiration there for you.
Yea I followed baz's progress thread on the other forum. I'd live a quad exhaust but I think it's a bit overkill just for a 1.6T but I would love a vxr interior but it's Like gold dust!!

Baz how much did you pay for the vxr interior?
Complete heated interior including steering wheel and gear stick cost me £1500 then another £40 for the control panel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Damn thats a cracking price. I just cannot find any vxr interior :(
I got very lucky. I might know someone who may have one for sale soon depending on what their plans are
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Please keep me in the loop mate. I dont mind the heated or half leather.
Just an update that i'm booked in for a remap on the 7th at scm-remaps. Cant wait. Its £240 with before and after dyno runs too! Will post my results next week
Sounds good
In scm-remaps now getting the ecu read ready for the dyno. Same ecu as the vxr apparently.

Hoping to hit the 240 mark.
Will post the graphs once we all done
Oooh exciting, hope you get that figure mate!

Can't wait pal. If I'm anywhere near that I'll be a happy man! They've almost finished reading the ecu now it's on 81% taken almost 40 mins already. Then the dyno
So when they read it, is that prior to remap or is that doing the remap now?

Not happy only hit 185 on the dyno they can't get anymore out of it he's putting it down to a bit of cold weather but that's bullshit

Won't be getting nowhere near 240 at this rate I'll be lucky for 220!!!

Yea it was prior to remap mate. Now they got to write the file and then put it back on the dyno to see the gains.
Good luck do you have the 185 or 200 psi engine
200 mate
But now he saying it's because of the weather and coz the car only got 5k on the clock the engine still a bit tight etc...
We'll see what final results are now. I'll get the before and after graphs up later.
Wow can a car that's not been broke in properly lose 15bhp just like that??

Is this reading at the flywheel or front wheels?

240 out of a 1.6T sounds unreasonable to be honest... I never believe when they say 20% gains as it's normally more 10-15%.

If he was a good tuner then he'll let you run the engine in more & come back on a better weather day.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
So final run is 220bhp from 185bhp and car has gone from 260 torque to 380

It's from the flywheel jody

He reckon when engine loosens up more should see 230 and after the ecu alters itself because etc he said @10k he'll give me a free run
Sounds like a nice deal, how does the car feel?

Using Tapatalk

images upload

The car feels unreal. Hell of a lot more power and torque. Took it for a test drive and floored it on the motorway and was hitting 140 in seconds. The torque is the best bit though it's mental.
(7:th-Mar-2016, 15:56:33)Kris Wrote:
images upload

The car feels unreal. Hell of a lot more power and torque. Took it for a test drive and floored it on the motorway and was hitting 140 in seconds. The torque is the best bit though it's mental.
Those are some impressive gains. Enjoy.

Obvs not 140mph unless you was on a private road

Using Tapatalk
(22:nd-Feb-2016, 21:41:29)cornishtaz Wrote: Complete heated interior including steering wheel and gear stick  cost me £1500 then another £40 for the control panel.

(7:th-Mar-2016, 22:14:36)J1ODYA Wrote: Obvs not 140mph unless you was on a private road

All private of course mate. seriously ive been driving it all day today its mental. the torque is insane now. just wondering if its too much for the tandard parts on my car. im getting 380nm torque and even a standard vxr is only 360 and probabl my tyres will wear down quicker too lol. but atm im just really enjoying it.
Nice figures. Its amazing how a map can unleash so much extra power/torque.

Standard VXR is 400Nm torque.

I'm waiting for something to be released for my K 136bhp and 320Nm torque is good but nothing compared to the fun I had in my VXR.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(22:nd-Feb-2016, 21:41:29)cornishtaz Wrote: Complete heated interior including steering wheel and gear stick  cost me £1500 then another £40 for the control panel.

(7:th-Mar-2016, 22:33:15)cornishtaz Wrote: Nice figures. Its amazing how a map can unleash so much extra power/torque.

Standard VXR is 400Nm torque.

I'm waiting for something to be released for my K 136bhp and 320Nm torque is good but nothing compared to the fun I had in my VXR.

your right my bad i read 320 on parkers but was looking at the H lol. yea mate its mental the difference. really happy with it though. Just hope i dont get a recall or something now and VX wipe my map off with an ecu update lol.
Good to hear you're enjoying it mate!

I have the 2.0cdti (f40 box) if I remapped mine what would be best to upgrade internally?

if its just a stage one mate then you should be ok as standard. its when you start going stage 2 and up you look at upgrading internals, like intercooler, induction kit, exhaust maybe clutch etc then stage 3 you be looking at turbos and all that stuff then.
So car needs it first service -

So rung VX they are £142 for the oil and filter change.

Phoned ATS and they are £99 and said they use all mann filters etc are vat registered and check the breaks, suspension aircon and more stuff etc.

VX said i dont need to go back and get warranty re-actiavted thats only for lifetime warranties.

Does this all sound correct? £99 for first service is good right? Dont really wanna get it done at VX incase they update my ecu and wipe my map.
Hmmmmm not sure about the warranty thing! I had my oil changed by national tyres for like £45 last year and never had to go back to VX for the warranty re-activation. I was only told that the warranty needs reactivating if you get a FULL service done elsewhere...I get tonnes of work done at other places like tyres, breaks, oil etc. an never had to have it reactivated as I get my service done with VX themselves

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

As long as the work has been done at a vat registered garage then a manufacturer can't legally refuse to validate a warranty claim etc.

£99 for a oil service alone is probably a bit high but I wouldn't say by much. Ring round a few independent garages

I've just had a full service done by servicing stop for £120 but that was on a special offer they were running at the time

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
My car is serviced and any work (that is not warranty) gets done by my mechanic who is NOT VAT registered I've never had a problem with them reactivating warranty or doing any warranty work on the car. Also in the TC'S of the lifetime warranty it doesn't state it must be carried out by a VAT registered garage.

Quote:As taken from here http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/owners_service...terms.html

1.3. Customer duties to retain warranty
The Lifetime Warranty is dependent on an annual visit of the vehicle to a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer who will activate and validate the warranty extension for another year starting from the 12 month period from registration or anniversary of registration. Activation and validation of the warranty is required every 12 months. This can only be carried out by a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer. The activation and validation can be performed up to 14 days after the expiry date.

Annual activation and validation of the Lifetime Warranty cover is also dependent upon the confirmation that the vehicle has been serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended servicing schedules using genuine Vauxhall parts or parts of equal quality including oils. Vauxhall may request details of this service history at any time during the warranty period.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(10:th-Mar-2016, 12:37:04)Kris Wrote: So car needs it first service -

So rung VX they are £142 for the oil and filter change.

Phoned ATS and they are £99 and said they use all mann filters etc are vat registered and check the breaks, suspension aircon and more stuff etc.

VX said i dont need to go back and get warranty re-actiavted thats only for lifetime warranties.

Does this all sound correct? £99 for first service is good right? Dont really wanna get it done at VX incase they update my ecu and wipe my map.

It would cost you £54.66 at national tyres for your car to have an oil change, filter change and engine flush. (Titan GT1 Pro Flex 5w30 XTL (Inc. New Filter))
(10:th-Mar-2016, 13:31:14)Rusty2009 Wrote: My car is serviced and any work (that is not warranty) gets done by my mechanic who is NOT VAT registered I've never had a problem with them reactivating warranty or doing any warranty work on the car. Also in the TC'S of the lifetime warranty it doesn't state it must be carried out by a VAT registered garage.

The Lifetime Warranty is dependent on an annual visit of the vehicle to a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer who will activate and validate the warranty extension for another year starting from the 12 month period from registration or anniversary of registration. Activation and validation of the warranty is required every 12 months. This can only be carried out by a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer. The activation and validation can be performed up to 14 days after the expiry date.

Annual activation and validation of the Lifetime Warranty cover is also dependent upon the confirmation that the vehicle has been serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended servicing schedules using genuine Vauxhall parts or parts of equal quality including oils. Vauxhall may request details of this service history at any time during the warranty period.
Ahhh, that's interest to know. Slightly off topic, have Vauxhall stopped this lifetime warranty thing now?

I know it used to be on new cars and then they includes used Network Q approved cars which mine was but it was never mentioned

If you go onto Vauxhalls website where you book a service there is a tick box for Lifetime Warranty Reactivation, it says...
Each year, you'll need to reactivate your Lifetime Warranty. It's free and will continue to give you peace of mind knowing your repair costs are covered by warranty.
(10:th-Mar-2016, 14:04:47)bhalay207 Wrote:
(10:th-Mar-2016, 13:31:14)Rusty2009 Wrote: My car is serviced and any work (that is not warranty) gets done by my mechanic who is NOT VAT registered I've never had a problem with them reactivating warranty or doing any warranty work on the car. Also in the TC'S of the lifetime warranty it doesn't state it must be carried out by a VAT registered garage.

Ahhh, that's interest to know. Slightly off topic, have Vauxhall stopped this lifetime warranty thing now?

I know it used to be on new cars and then they includes used Network Q approved cars which mine was but it was never mentioned

Yes they stopped it at the end of last year... They said it wasn't financially viable for them anymore.. Hahahaha... Not even joking, that's what they said in their press release

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

That's well cheap sheepy my oil an oil filter and sump washer cost £60.00 with out labour costs and a stamp in the book do they just do it for free then
(10:th-Mar-2016, 14:50:01)tucpal Wrote: That's well cheap sheepy my oil an oil filter and sump washer cost £60.00 with out labour costs and a stamp in the book do they just do it for free then

Yeahhh it was some deal they were doing at the time where it was £55 or something and then there was a voucher on their site to get a tenner off

WOW that is cheap mate. Well ive booked it into ats who do a 50 point check or something. I dont have lifetime so as long as its stamped by a VAT registered company it should be fine. Phoned one garage and they quoted me more than VX. I double checked saying it was an interim service and he said go with VX then lol.

Just double checking, it is an interim I need right? Car has 5k and 1 year old, or should I book a full service?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 38,818 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 174,455 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 90,892 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,428 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,187 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 41,113 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 557,160 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,505 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,497 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 12,756 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:47:34)