Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
136 6cdti anyone?? 1

1.6cdti 136 anyone??
I have come across a J 1.6 cdti136 which is ticking a lot of boxes at the moment.

Has anyone got or had any experience with this engine? any issues and can it do 50mpg as stated on Honest John's
Real MPG forum??

Any info would be welcome as there is a lack of iit anywhere on the internet for this engine apart from reviews from autocar, top gear ect....must admit Clarksons write up was very complimentary for this particular engine.
sure cornistaz has the 1.6 cdti in his new astra k
ask in his progress thread
I have it my avarage 48mpg

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=1568

Poslano z uporabo Tapatalk
I find it a good engine for only hsving 136bhp but does have 320Nm torque which is pretty handy for overtaking. Consumption wise as the K is lighter the trip computer reads for this week currently 64mpg but is more like 57mpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(6:th-Feb-2016, 17:04:56)cornishtaz Wrote: I find it a good engine for only hsving 136bhp but does have 320Nm torque which is pretty handy for overtaking. Consumption wise as the K is lighter the trip computer reads for this week currently 64mpg but is more like 57mpg

sounds good, how are you finding the drive in relation to the previous model?

its the torque I need for driving round west yorks with all the hills and 320Nm is pretty good for a 1.6cdti..+ i cant find any other manufacturer with this size engine that is under 10 secs to 60
I didn't have a J with the 1.6 cdti so can't compare as I had a VXR and a 2.0cdti GTC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(6:th-Feb-2016, 17:24:20)cornishtaz Wrote: I didn't have a J with the 1.6 cdti so can't compare as I had a VXR and a 2.0cdti GTC

well in that case how does it compare to the 2.0 cdti? as that could be an option too :-)
I have a 2.0 CDTI and to be honest, I think its acceptable for every day driving, I certainly wouldnt want anything slower, my mpg low has been 44.7 and the high 52.8, however, my commute is 100 miles a day, across motorway, dual carriageway and B roads, with very little stop/start town driving

In all seriousness I would look for a 2.0, it will give you more poke and real world mpg difference between it and the 1.6 is slim
I am averaging about 47mpg mixed driving, car has 8000 miles on it. Bit disappointed with power after I heard so many good things. Sooooo quiet tho

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra J 1.6cdti ecoflex lowering Alan300589 3 2,340 18:th-Feb-2020, 19:27:25
Last Post: Rusty2009