Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
corsa d radio

Corsa D Radio
Hey guys,

Let's get this part of the forum christened! So my mum is daft and managed to explode a bottle of water in her car and now her car radio doesn't work properly! I'm gonna take it out and see if there are any obvious issues...let's say she needs a new radio though, do these have to be programmed by Vauxhall/MDI (or earlier alternative) or are they plug and play?

Thanks

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Got any pics of the unit

Here ya to mate. Some stations works but signal is poor and most don't work at all.

Ta

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Start with the obvious first Arial connections roof and behind the head unit it is the old CD30 so it is very basic in spec then check the mast and then follow the cables looking they are in good condition they are programed with opcom very easy no mdi or vci codes for that car it will swap over easy
Result! Thanks mate, I'm working all day so may not get a chance to look any time soon but will do wish you suggested.

So if it does need a new radio it will still need programming won't it... Just not with MDI

Don't these units just have the good radio code rather than being VIN locked.

If so get one with a Radio code and it should just plug and play.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-VAUXHALL-...SwGotWqHa1
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Why the hell aren't our cars this easy to mess with?! Sack this... I'm selling my astra and getting a corsa VXR! Hahaha

Cheers chaps! I'll take a look at the basic connections but must be an issue with the actual head unit and water vetting into it... So will go ahead and buy that radio anyway I reckon

Just make sure it comes with the paired display to save mucking around with needing codes etc
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
It used to much more easy
(30:th-Jan-2016, 10:50:10)Rusty2009 Wrote: Just make sure it comes with the paired display to save mucking around with needing codes etc
The one you linked too does say it's paired mate

(30:th-Jan-2016, 11:06:42)sheppy1 Wrote:
(30:th-Jan-2016, 10:50:10)Rusty2009 Wrote: Just make sure it comes with the paired display to save mucking around with needing codes etc
The one you linked too does say it's paired mate

I know but just thought I'd make you aware incase you look for a cheaper setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
They work on the same principal as astra H.

Aslong as you replace both the screen and headunit (that are paired) its plug and play.

If you want just the radio, then u have to marry it to your screen with tech2/opcom. If memory serves me correctly, you have to unmarry it from it original screen to before you can do this also
As above
That's so easy! Haha. I hate vauxhall for changing this! But I guess it could deter thieves if they know there's no way they can sell them on if they manage to steal them... Or they won't get as much money.

Have bought the one you suggested rusty but I'll check all wiring too tucpal

Tbh it would be quite a chew on stealing a CD30, would take quite a while to remove the headunit and screen without damaging them.

Unless you took a laptop along with opcom, unmarried it from the screen, then took just the headunit lol

Plus, you would need the code from the vauxhall car pass to unmarry the unit I would imagine
They make it harder on the j to stop retro fitting things as they want you to opt for it new when buying a car
(30:th-Jan-2016, 12:05:02)tucpal Wrote: They make it harder on the j to stop retro fitting things as they want you to opt for it new when buying a car

Thats exactly what it is, just a way of making you spend more, some new cars now you physically cant remove the headunit and replace it. They just want you to have to buy all the extras from the main stealers.

Same with diagnostics, coding etc, constantly making it harder for independent garages to do anything, so you have to pay stealers prices
Swapping the radio and screen worked a treat all stations work fine again...Took about 5 mins all in to swap both over and only 1 screw...Hahaha.

well done
hehe cheers

I had a few paired screens and headunits a few months back aswel but they are all gone now I could have sent you one with a screen, I kept a few for demo purposes with the SMD conversions.
Awwww thanks anyway mate! Not to worry though, was cheap enough for the paired ones I got off eBay

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  betty the corsa mrtc 22 10,349 5:th-Oct-2016, 08:38:41
Last Post: bhalay207