Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
gid cd400 graphical display

CD400 GID (Graphical Display)
hey all

Okay, so long shot here I know but most of the things I've done to my car have been long shots...

Does anyone know if it's at all possible to swap my standard mono colour radio display with a graphical display without upgrading to the full Navi system (which I neither need nor can even have done anymore since andy stopped doing them)?

What I'm after is a NONE aftermarket method...Have been told by various people that it's possible and also not possible and also told that I should just try it should I be able to find a colour display and see how I get on as it COULD just be a straight swap no programming job.

Anyway, does anyone know what screen (if any) would be most suitable for me to try and find for this "upgrade" (I have a CD400).

Edit: This has turned to a request for info thread...I need help here, does ANYONE out there have a CD400 with a COLOUR display? If so please comment here as I need to ask for some info to help me with adding it to my car.

Cheers

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I have a screen here and not been able to getting it working with the CD400 it may be possible if you reprogram the head unit to another country (I know some country's have the colour display fitted to cd400)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Ahhh course! Sorry mate I forgot we spoke about this! What model radio is that screen off again and what are your plans for it?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Also does the screen you have (colour one) have any extra plugs that the CD400 doesn't have?

I get a color display with cd400 (factory fitted).
Does anyone know if ilink cd400 support video playback?
Tnx
Where do you live Jerry?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
sorry mate far away .. Slovenia
(26:th-Jan-2016, 17:01:13)Jerry Wrote: I get a color display with cd400 (factory fitted).
Does anyone know if ilink cd400 support video playback?
Tnx
No way! Don't suppose you're planning on doing any work are you that involves taking the screen or radio out? We really need to see what cables there are going to it as it may be possible to retrofit it on normal CD400 models if we can see that...

Thanks

I just spoke with my brother and he corrected me (I checked again) actually I have cd600 ... sorry for wrong info.
Ahhhh okay that's fine mate, thanks anyway... Don't think the CD600 display will fit the 400

I have no idea why I tought that I have radio cd400.
:/
Anyway I will ask my friend maybe he can check.
Will inform you.
Perfect! Thanks for that

My colleague has said even if it is possible to connect color display to cd400 it would be mission imposible to make it (programm) work.
Actually it is quicker and cheaper to purchase Android device mentioned in "Progress Thread: Sheppy1"

http://www.iceboxauto.com/vauxhall-opel-...id-44-m072
not seen that android one before looks rather good but im sure its not easy to wire in and work with the cd400
Thanks Jerry, appreciate you asking around but yeah that's the exact unit I bought

@lewis6317 it's very easy to fit with the CD400, just plug and play hence why I'm getting it

@Sheppy1 post up some pics after mate and you fitting :P and tag me in it as i dont want to miss it
Yeah don't worry I will mate I'm gonna do a full tutorial on it too

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra j cd400 upgrade to cd500 [emoji2] Astragalcreb 4 4,516 16:th-Mar-2020, 22:41:28
Last Post: niteram
  CD400 PINOUT ZAFC1984 3 3,926 5:th-Sep-2019, 21:30:44
Last Post: marky79
  Navi 950 instead of CD400 + parking sensors DanielG 15 11,856 6:th-Dec-2018, 22:48:19
Last Post: marktourino
  LED’s for up level display sparkyscfc74 10 14,727 11:th-Mar-2018, 20:11:51
Last Post: sparkyscfc74
  CD400+ Bug hungrydiscus 4 4,925 6:th-May-2016, 17:47:54
Last Post: hungrydiscus

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
mrheat (25:th-Dec-2023, 18:43:39)